Author Topic: 6-weeks post-op  (Read 1789 times)

timbo

I am 6 weeks post-op this week and have mixed feelings regarding my results.  I have had 3 procures on my chest now, dating back to last September.  I started out with a mastopexy in September, then had some redundant skin removed from the lower part of each breast in December.  Most recently I had ultrasonic lipo 6 weeks ago. I should note that my problem was primarily pseudogynecomastia and loose skin as a result of a 150 pound weight loss around 18 years ago (I had a tummy tuck also in Septmeber).  My chest is "flat", as far as the nipple area and above, but there is still a fair amount of fat left on the right side.  The left side is better as far as the amount of fat left, but I'm not happy with the contour on that side.  There is sort of a ridge or bulge on the lower part of the breast that is really bothering me.  Actually I think part of it is scar tissue build-up dating all the way back to the skin excision procedure I had in December.  Well- I saw my PS a couple of weeks ago for my one month post-op.  You know, it's really tough- especially when you like and want to trust your PS-lol.  He's sitting there telling me things, and you want to believe him, yet you also can't help but wonder how much is just "PS Speak".  He pointed out that my chest was flat- that it's still too early in the healing process to make final judgments- that he considers the outcome of my chest procedures to be a success (for him)- and that he would not do anything else to my chest for at least 9 months to a year.  Having had 2 revisions already, no doubt there would be additional fees and expenses involved in him doing anything else, although we have not discussed that.  I'm not supposed to go back to see him until July, when he said we would take my "after" pictures.  As it turns out though- I had to make an appointment to stop by his office tomorrow afternoon because I still have a couple of sutures that need to be removed.  I'm just wondering if I should pursue the subject again with him tomorrow.  It may very well be that as the weeks and months go by that the improvement will be such that either my concerns don't bother me anymore, or else they don't bother me to the extent that I would pursue any additional surgery.  I just want to know if I'm still not happy with certain things after a given period of time, is there anything else he COULD do?- maybe some touch-up lipo and perhaps some additional skin excision and tightening.  I'm just tired of dealing with all of this, and my wife has pretty much reached the end of her rope as well.  She has been supportive, but I think she'll probably freak on me if I tell her that I will need yet another revision in the coming months.  So what do you guys think?  Do I bring all this up again to my PS tomorrow?  Do I consider a consult with another PS at some point?  Or do I just leave it all alone for the time being?  When is enough enough?  I'm 38 years old by the way- my PS also pointed that out, saying that the level of success diminishes somewhat the older you are- as far as the skin tightening, etc.  In other words, considering my age (as if I'm an old man-lol), that I may not be able to expect much better results than this.  I know that Bambu in particular is a few years older than me and it didn't seem to adversely affect his results.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 05:34:48 AM by timbo »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I know that Bambu in particular is a few years older than me and it didn't seem to adversely affect his results.

Everyone heals differently. Be patient, wait out the year that most PS's recommend for full healing. If you are not satisfied after 12 months, then go back to your PS and ask for another revision. I know waiting sux, but what else can you do?

My chest is not perfect by any means. However, I am able to go out in public wearing a t-shirt or a muscle shirt and not feel embarrassed. That's all I ever wanted from the get-go. :)

How do you look in a t-shirt? Can you notice the imperfections wearing a t-shirt?

John.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 09:07:52 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

timbo

i look completely normal in a t-shirt or tank shirt-  my nipples are completely  flat and although i have a little bit of definition to my pecs, it looks totally normal- you would never know there was anything "imperfect" to my chest unless you saw me without a shirt on.  i can't relate to the "puffy nips" thing- so that's a blessing i suppose.  and you're right- waiting is hard but i really have no choice.  funny how different things bother different people isn't it?  i see so many pics posted in this forum of guys who are just desperately upset about their condition, and yet they look completely normal to me- i wouldn't give them a second look if i saw them without a shirt on.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024