Author Topic: quick questions  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
im 3 weeks post op when  can i stop wearing the vest my doctor said at 1 month but i see alot of people here for like 6 weeks and 2 months so i dk.... and when can i hit the gym and workout and cardio..... and when can i acctually do chest exercises.... and when should i start messaging for scar tissue cuz i know alot of people say dont start to early.... n e info would be nice fellas please and thx

Offline mikeyp87

• Posting Member
Congrats! Hope everything is going well.

I'll say what I've been told by the nurses where I'm having my surgery.

Compression Vest on for - 4/6 weeks (I would listen to them...a few weeks to help heal for the rest of your life...works out for me!)
Gym/Cardio - ABSOLUTELY nothing for 6 weeks apart from going for walks only
Massaging - Approx 2 weeks after surgery

Hope that helps.  Other peoples info may vary though

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
4/6  weeks for compression vest is kina vague lol.... and 6 weeks until i can do some cardio omggg

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
The amount of time before doing intense physical activity differs for everyone.  You'd be best off asking your doctor.  Mine was VERY liberal in his post-op instructions.  He just told me to do whatever I please as soon as I feel comfortable doing it. 

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
phase yourself in when you do start up again.   better to err on the side of waiting too long than not waiting enough.  seriously.  protect your investment.  you can have those extra two or three weeks anytime for the rest of your life. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
phase yourself in when you do start up again.   better to err on the side of waiting too long than not waiting enough.  seriously.  protect your investment.  you can have those extra two or three weeks anytime for the rest of your life. 

exactly. no need to rush back in. there is plenty of time to catch up.  also, keep your body fat down while you are recovering...i.e. no eating of junk food during the time you are sitting around healing
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
aight cool that kind of helped alot thx

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024