Author Topic: SERIOUS QUESTIONS FROM A NEWBEE FACING SURGERY  (Read 2767 times)

Offline AvionicsMarine

• Posting Member
first of all i want to say hello to everyone. i am new on the forum and have some serious pressing questions for everyone. first of all, i got gyno about 2 or 3 years ago from taking pro-hormones. the glands are very swollen, one about the size of a quarter, and the other almost a half dollar. it has been bothering me for a long time, and the military is going to give me surgery in august.(scared). anyway, i dont have much fat deposit at all, just a little. when i am warm, my nipples and the area just around them is pointy, and its embarrassing. when i am cold, everything tightens up and it looks normal. is there any way to make this skin tight most of the time? i hope after the surgery, that goes away. the doctor said he will cut around the areola, and wont know till he gets in there if he has to make small incisions at 3 and 9 o'clock away from the nipple. i guess they go away with time. i dont really have a choice because the military is paying for it. second, is i am getting some nolvadex before the surgery in august. i am thinking of taking 20mg a day for 2 weeks, to see if it helps. that way they might shrink before the surgery, making it less intrusive. any thoughts? also, i worry that the glands are getting bigger, but if i havent taken pro-hormones, would anything cause them to keep swelling, or would they stop once the cause is removed?  i hope i didnt mess up my hormones for life! i am very new at this whole subject and very embarrassed and worried. i usually wear two shirts because when my chest gets relaxed, my nips kinda stick out. not very masculine! i am also starting to take some over the counter anti-estrogen/test booster called formadrol because i still work out alot. i am 33 years old, and would love any advice. i know this is alot of info, sorry. does anyone else constantly get bothered every day by the gyno?

Offline AvionicsMarine

• Posting Member

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
Dude,
many people who suffer from pointy nipples experience a swelling/contraction during different times of the day and at different temps..so i don't think there's too much to worry about there. Regarding taking any more meds, i wouldn't bother..just keep yourself in good condition, eat healthy (avoid vitamin e before surgery to minimize chance of bleeding) and let the surgeon do his work.

good luck

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
scared is normal.
consult the doc about the nolva.
i'm not sure you really can mess up your hormones for life, that'd be kind of drastic. 
the 9 and 3:00 cuts i'm not sure are necessary, the professional gyne-handling ps's don't seem to have to do that, they can work with a half circle for even bad cases.  i'd be willing if i were you to ask him if he's up to speed on current gyne technique or would be willing to consult with another ps to minimize the invasiveness. 
don't worry if you don't get a response right away on the boards, sometimes it takes a while depending on who runs with it. 
bothered every day, yes, several times a day every time i think about it, don't we all.  welcome to the club, hope you get kicked out soon  ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Incisions around the areola heal remarkably well. The incisions that are worrisome are those used to remove skin and go away from the areola in the shape of an anchor. This is not your situation. Don't be too concerned about the scarring.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024