Author Topic: Am i suppose to live with man boobs??  (Read 3707 times)

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
everytime i take a step into getting rid of my gynecomastia something comes up. either i have to see more doctors or appointments get cancelled.
now peep this....
i had an appointment with jacobs this afternoon that was highly anticipated. so in the morning im driving around doing some errands and as i'm driving back home i get into a car accident. and i was about a minute away from my building and was gonna go take a shower an get ready for my consultation. but due to the accident i had to cancel the appointment and now i have damages on my car that will run me about $5000.
im just sitting here confused now. i have no clue what i'm goin to do.
its like God wants me to live with man boobs

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
That statistically means nothing.  There's a reason insurance is so dam high in the tri-state area (assuming you live around the area of Jacobs.)  During the day of my consult with Jacobs, my mother had to cancel on me because she had something much more important to attend to (rightfully so.)  It then took me three hours worth of driving to get from NJ to NY, a distance Map Quest estimated would take twenty minutes; traffic is bad. 

Shit happens, your shit is a lot worse, but by no means should you take that as a sign of destined suffering.  I've got my surgery scheduled and it excites me to the point where I can't sleep at night!  Find a way to get it done and do it.

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
i undersand what ur saying.
im in brooklyn by the way.
but wit the accident is gonna make it sooo much harder for me to pay for this surgery..
i set up another appointment for july 7th. we'll see what happens lol.  school starts again in the end of august. i was hoping to get the surgery before the start of the semester....we'll see what happens

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
Sorry to hear about the accident man, but at least it's only monetary damages (from the sound of it anyways.) 

Finding a way to pay is definitely a huge obstacle.  My entire sum is financed through some long term debt.  Being a college student, I'm more worried about getting by the next 2-3 years until I graduate and then start bringing in some real money.

Good luck on your consultation, hope the rest of your pursuit goes without incident. 

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
yea thats true...
guess i was just fed up wit all the delays and now my car.
do u kno what i should expect at the consultation with jacobs?? and how long after the consultation were u able to set up the surgery??

Offline Nakamura19

• Posting Member
The consultation experience is nothing out of the ordinary.  You fill out a few forms detailing medical history then you meet with him.  He explains everything thoroughly enough that any question you had saved in your mind will be answered by his initial explanation.  He describes what the procedure will be like and what to expect for recovery. 

My consult was on June 16th and the surgery is scheduled for July 10th.  It could have been done earlier but I'd prefer to get my summer classes out of the way before going through with this. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'm reminded of the story of the boy who went home with a shiner.

His Father asked "Who gave you the black eye?"

"No one gave it to me," said the boy, "I had to fight for it".

Sometimes to get something we really want takes a lot of hard work, we may even have to fight for it. (at least figuratively) When we attain a goal it is worth even more to us because of what we had to go through to achieve it.

Be patient my friend, you'll get there if you really want to.
Grandpa Dan

Offline MSJ108

Oh man I am so sorry. Hang in there man and good luck getting the car fixed

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if God wants you to have them, i say put up an argument with him. 

that sux, assume you didn't have coverage.  of course my whole vehicle is only worth about $5000. 

don't give up till lightning strikes the hospital during the op, and maybe not even then  ;)
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024