Author Topic: What is the cost of surgery for removal of loose skin?  (Read 4635 times)

Offline knah342

• Posting Member
I had gyno surgery four years ago, and it really didn't help me much as I was left with tons of loose skin.  I am just wondering how much removal of this skin would cost in the NY area?  Also, the pain and recovery time associated with it.

Also, what are the realistic results for appearance after?  I remember going into my last surgery thinking I would look normal, but have come to terms that plastic surgery seems to just be a solution to how you look with your clothes on while still looking like crap with shirt off.

Thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Can't really provide you with an estimate of costs -- it depends on how much work there is to do in the operating room -- ie is it one hour or four hours of surgery.

One thing you must accept -- removal of the extra skin will result in some external scars on the skin -- ie  it will be a trade-off of scars for tighter skin.  Unfortunately, there is no other way to do this.

On the better side, there is usually minimal pain associated with the surgery and recovery.  Recovery time, as in any major operation, will be several weeks before you can return to the gym but probably a week or so to return to sedentary type of work.

One positive -- the scars tend to fade with time.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member

Offline knah342

• Posting Member
Could you provide an estimate of the range of the cost of this surgery?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Please contact me directly at my office, info@drelliotjacobs.com    I will then send you a brief list of questions and request for photos -- after that, I can provide a rough estimate for you.

Dr Jacobs

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Please contact me directly at my office, info@drelliotjacobs.com    I will then send you a brief list of questions and request for photos -- after that, I can provide a rough estimate for you.

Dr Jacobs

Hi Dr,

I'm wondering if that's a free service? Or how much does it cost for an estimate?

Thank you

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No charge to you -- it is my pleasure to help you!

Dr Jacobs

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
No charge to you -- it is my pleasure to help you!

Dr Jacobs

Thanks Dr but the e-mail address doesn't work. I've tried to send you an e-mail twice via hotmail.com and there's a failure delivery message each time.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry about that -- don't know why it happened.  Just call my office at (212) 570 6080 and explain the situation -- my staff will give you my personal email address and you should be able to successfully send the info that way.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024