Author Topic: please answer! 18 going on 19.  (Read 2780 times)

Offline WackWack

• Posting Member
well i am 18 going on 19 I have had "moobs" since like the 8 grade(noticeable). I use to weight in the 220's and I drop to 180( was at 170 but felt too skinny). I work out a lot, they have shrunk and gotten way better that I can wear a polo shirt(not tight) but their not completely gone n it looks impossible because I really dont want to lose more weight and my chest muscles are rock hard but the freaking fat left in front is annoying me..

I went to the doctor about it when I was 13 they said it would be gone but it never happen. ITs been bothering me and has hurt my confidence with the ladies.(I back out of potential relationships). I recently mention it to my parents and i will be going to the doctor about this next month.

Q1? Will the surgeon be able to tell if its fat or gland?

Q2)  How quickly after consultation can it be done?

q3) How much will it cost me in the south florida area? any recomended surgeon? Also the type of payment plan because I know for a factI can't afford the whole process upfront?

I am thinking of getting this done as soon as possible. I really want to skip the doctor process and not waste my time and just visit the surgeon because whethere its fat or gland I want it remove. All answersare appreciated.

Offline michaelmorey

• Bronze Member
Hi mate,

a) Choose a reputable surgeon (recommendation research etc) they can easily tel the how much fat and gland to remove (usually a combination of the 2). NOte: read up on threads in this site of people who have only had iposuction (with no gland removal)..they've often been quite disapointed in their results, so you may want to have a good old chat with surgeon about that..

b) depends on the schedule of your surgeon. if he has a slot free, you should be able to get it done as soon as you like.

c) dunno?

i'm no expert,but have learned a lot from this site. hope this helps.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Answers:

Yes your doc can tell how much fat vs. tissue, but frankly it does not matter much.  Either way surgery is the only answer especially with your body weight being normal.

Most docs in the states can get you done in about a month on average.   Some a little longer, some with a cancellation maybe a little sooner.  Most require a pre op physical with blood work, can add some time.  Got my done in 28 days from my consultation.

Costs vary widely depending on you area, procedure, and quite frankly the demand of your doc.  Figure on no less that $3K, no more than $8k.  Most docs offer financing through a large bank, Capital One etc.......monthly payments.

My best advice is find a great well experienced doc. Make sure you do your homework on this.  Once you get the right doc all else will fall in place.

Offline WackWack

• Posting Member
Thanks, I going to convince my parents to just take me to consultation instead of wasting my time going to the doctor.

I think i will be going to this guy http://aventuracosmeticsurgery.com/index.cfm/PageID/1887 for my first consultation.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
Be careful with docs like this.  I don't know him at all, but I just cruised his site.

Maybe he does a ton of G work, but it didn't jump out at me.  Not saying he isn't great, but my experience during my pre-op research concluded that many PSs do gynecomastia surgery because they can, not because they are proficient at it.  Most PS specialize in breast implants, face lifts, and tummy tucks then do a few G surgeries a year to fill in their time.

Try to find one in your area who specializes in G, maybe does 100-300/year.

This is a tricky surgery to get right.   Need to leave just enough gland, know how to best contour.....makes all the difference.  Ask this guy how many he has done.  Study his before and afters.  Ask for references.  Make some posts here  on this board.

Don't short cut here.  You are at the most important step.

Good Luck

Offline WackWack

• Posting Member
At first I was going to roll the dice with that doctor but with ur tip I won't. I am going for two consultation with multiple surgeon in the area to compare details.

I am thinking of this guy because I saw get rated a 9.2 on website for gyne. I mostly wont start seen the surgeon next month and go from there as far as cost is concerned.
http://www.dr-rubinstein.com/

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
Good idea to get a couple of opinions.

You are on the right track.  Find a good one!  You will be happy you did for years to come.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024