Author Topic: no1 wants to answer my question... docs?  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
when does the fluid in ur chest get absorbed back into ur body.... how long...? im 6 weeks out n only got some in my left i got most of it drained out 11 days post op but theres still some in the lower right part...

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Your question is not completely clear. Did you have a blood collection or clear fluid collection that needed to be drained?
After gynecomastia surgery you can expect immediate results albeit with some swelling. 2 weeks after the surgery normal scar tissue will form below the areola. This will soften and go away by 8-12 weeks. If you had a blood collection (hematoma) the blood forms like concrete and can take much longer to resorb. Sometimes it does not completely resorb. If your fluid collection is clear fluid than you can expect complete resolution in 8-12 weeks. Apply compression
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
the collection of fluid is blood so my only choice is to get it drained? or can i wait it out a few more weeks?

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
since you said that the bloood takes logner to reabsorb ad someitmes does not reabasorb fully when im 6 months post up and if there is still some more fluid can i still get it drained at that point or is it better to do it earlier?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024