Author Topic: Guys I need your help  (Read 3172 times)

Offline IHELP

• Posting Member
Im 15 years old and about to turn 16 in August
I weigh about 125 - 130 pounds
I fear i have gyno and it seems to be a little big I dont have a picture but it looks like the picture on the left side of this image its sorta similiar

So i was thinking about starting to work out since im kinda weak and i was thinking of also doing chest excerisises. I was thinking should i just do incline bench/dumbell presses, will they help or will they just become bigger and uglier + more noticable? Any suggestions plz?

Or since im about to turn 16 should i just wait till im sure im done puberty?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:21:44 PM by IHELP »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
First, recognize that Gynecomastia is an embarrassment, nothing more. You are not in any way abnormal, so many men have the condition that it is statistically normal.

Even though most of us are in that statistically normal group, I think a visit with your family Doctor is a good first step to make sure your development is on track and that there is nothing amiss. It is rare, but gynecomastia can sometimes be a symptom of other problems.

Let the Dr. know that you have been thinking about surgery and ask if the Dr. thinks you are physically mature enough to be considering this yet.

I often get flustered and forget to ask or say important things. What I've found most helpful is to write down a short list of questions. I may edit or rewrite the questions several times. When I get to see the Dr. I just hand over the list which we discuss one item at a time. This approach means that I'm not wasting a lot of the Dr.s time needlessly but, all my concerns are addressed.

As to the question about working out, I think getting into good physical condition is a great idea, even though it will probably not have any significant effect on your Gynecomastia.
Grandpa Dan

Offline IHELP

• Posting Member
Alright Im not thinking about getting surgery any time soon as Ive heard after around 17 -18 it may go away by itself, if that doesnt happen maybe later on i will get it but im not planning on getting surgery anytime soon. I am though thinking of starting to work out. So, if i did incline bench presses at my age will it worsen the chances for my gyno to go away? Or make it look bigger? Because i wanna work up my upper chest to make my gyno less appearable.

Any suggestionss?

Offline IHELP

• Posting Member
Any doc help plz? :-[ :'(

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I am though thinking of starting to work out. So, if i did incline bench presses at my age will it worsen the chances for my gyno to go away? Or make it look bigger? Because i wanna work up my upper chest to make my gyno less appearable.

Working out will have no physical affect on your G what-so-ever dude...  However, if/when your pecs start to develop, your G will be pushed out and be more noticeable.  :-\

Good post Dan!

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline IHELP

• Posting Member
makes me feel much better  :'(

Umm well

Lemme get a few things straight

1) Working out on my 'upper chest' will still make it show more?

2) From my original post the pic in it my gyno sorta looks like the one on the left side and since im 15 turning to 16 do u think that much gyne could go away by the time i do go through puberty?

3) No matter what im still gonna start working out on my body as a whole including chest so later on in my life if i do get surgery will the surgery affect my already worked out on chest? And screw me over? or will it just be the gyne thats gone

4) at what age do u recommend surgery

5) i heard uncle bambu u got surgery for gyne to, has it come back?

ty

irish lad

well mate..

iv been through this man and i would say from exp my gyne did become a lot more noticable after doing weights i too started at 16..  im now 19 and 4weeks post op.. my gyne was a very bad glandular case and the gyne just sat on top of the muscle..

it a tricky one mate.. if your that serious about surgery and actually do have a case of gyne id wait til after the op in the mean time you could just work out rest of your body and some light work on chest..

thats what i would have done if i had my time again..as i didn know i had gyne so i taught i had a heavy chest so the logical thing to do was keep working it! i taught it was fat but all the time it was gland tissue

Offline AnonNZ

• Posting Member
Working out did push out the gyne a little but I feel so much better about myself now. When your muscles are bigger proportionally, a little gyne hanging off doesn't seem to make such a big difference if that makes any sense. Also I think fat tends to deposit around the gland more than other parts of the body (just like it usually does in a female body) so make sure you lose any extra fat you have.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024