Author Topic: The skin??  (Read 3293 times)

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
for those that had severe cases and got it fixed (whether i was gland or breast tissue)...after the gyno was removed, how does the skin on ur chest tighten so fast?? u would think that the skin on ur chest would be saggy or droopy after that much gyno is removed.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, one would think that huh...  Just goes to show ya the elasticity of skin.

My skin took to the shape of my newly formed chest immediately...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

DrBermant

for those that had severe cases and got it fixed (whether i was gland or breast tissue)...after the gyno was removed, how does the skin on ur chest tighten so fast?? u would think that the skin on ur chest would be saggy or droopy after that much gyno is removed.

How well skin tightens after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, age, if the tissue has been damaged by stretching such as massive weight gain, how long it has been stretched, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, and other factors.  Take some time to browse through the many examples on my website to see before, after, and shortly after surgery to better understand the tissue evolution after surgery.  It helps having many different angle pictures for each patient to see these issues. 

Patients starting with breast sagging, such as after massive weight loss, may need Male Mastopexy Chest Lift to deal with the loose skin issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
For the average patient, the skin literally tightens right in front of my eyes on the operating table.  Yes, prior weight gain is a factor, and so is major sun exposure, age, smoking and your genetic background.  But I have yet to see a patient who has not had at least some spontaneous tightening of the skin (and reduction of areolar diameter)! after removal of their excess breast tissues.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
would sun exposer help the skin tighten up or no ?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Prolonged sun exposure over many years will negatively affect the skin -- it will be thinner, lose collagen and elastic tissue and of course, in the long run, you may develop skin cancer.  The medical community is much more aware of this now than it was in the past. 

If you want to look tan, use a skin tanner in a bottle -- it is safer!

Dr Jacobs

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
thanks or the precise replies.
even tho i've lost some weight, my chest has not seen sun in over 10 years hahaha

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
after the skin tightens right after surgery, is that it??
or does it tighten even more during recovery??

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is my impression, but without accurate scientific documentation, that about roughly 80% of the skin spontaneously tightens during or immediately after surgery.  But I also believe there is additional tightening during the months following surgery as well.

Dr Jacobs

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
thanks for the reply
i can see how recovery is such a rollercoaster b/c if u get a sneak peak of ur chest immediately after surgery it probably looks perfects, but then a couple days later when u get that second look u are sadly suprised to see that ur chest looks somewhat the same due to swelling.  it must be so hard for people that don't have patience lol

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024