Author Topic: what do u think of this  (Read 1504 times)

Offline DARK LYRICS

• Posting Member
my doctor had me get a sonogram becuase i told him i have gynecomastia because i have had puffy nipples and large nipples and im not a fat person regular size 5'10 175 lbs , so the results siad they they found nothing no gland or anything in the nipples so the doc. told me i have fake gynecomastia the one that stats with the P, can a sonagram detect gland , because if it says i have nothing then i could just get lipo to remove the fat or what??????????

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
a sonogram can detect soft tissue... probably said you had pseudogynecomastia.   if thats the case, a little lipo would probably suffice to touch things up to your satisfaction.

Offline DARK LYRICS

• Posting Member
but what i wanna know is if it can detect gland , the doc. felt my nipples and he said he felt no gland,dont know if i should belive him  so i wanna know if the sonogram can detect gland

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
DARK LYRICS,

You already have some very good responses, So what I have to say may not be news to you.

I am finding that there are differences of opinion as to just what constitutes Gynecomastia, not all professionals seem to fully agree.

You have not given your age, but from your height and weight it would seem that you are at least slightly overweight. This could be an issue as the breast area is a common place for fatty deposits in men as well women. This may be why one Dr. referred to your condition as Pseudo Gynecomastia. I do not like this distinction, because the emotional impact of enlarged nipples or generally enlarged breasts is the same no matter what they call it.

From another of your posts, I found that you said your areolas are the size of a quarter. I do not think that is uncommonly large. Among the men in my family that would be called small. Somewhere else you said that your nipples projected some. They are erectile and under stimulation they will stand erect. Again, nothing out of the ordinary. If they are sensitive, that too is normal. The sensation could be a nuisance or it could be erotic, the range is wide.

The fundamental issue is that they bother you. It may be time to see another Dr. and get an impartial opinion. Even very slight cases of Gynecomastia can be successfully reduced by a skilled surgeon. Another possibility is that you are becoming obsessive about this issue an no problem exists. If that is the case, you will need the services of a Psychologist. Trust me, Gynecomastia is much easier to deal with than is BDD. But you must at least consider this possibility.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024