Author Topic: diffrence between gland and breast tissue  (Read 7920 times)

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
i hear the docs on here say breast tissue and gland all the time. I thought they were the same. Whats the difference between the two?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
No difference.  True breast tissue in women is composed of ductal tissue, or milk ducts, and dense, white connective tissue.  Women's "true" breast tissue is largely replaced with fat over time.  Men with gynecomastia can have excess fat or actual breast tissue or "glandular" tissue, or both.  The term "breast tissue" usually refers to glandular or "gland" tissue, rather than fat.  So, breast tissue and gland are the same.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
thanks Doc for clearing that up for me

• Supporting Doctors
It's certainly hard to say without an exam.  At that weight, you must have a lot of fatty tissue in your chest.  The firm tissue behind your nipples is possibly gland.  The radiologist probably was concerned that you only had a mass on one side.  That does raise a red flag (tumor?) but it sounds like your problem is bilateral.

See what the endocrinologist says.  Good luck-

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline chociii1980

• Posting Member
So,after my Surgery i can feel the residual gland behind the nipple, and still something at both sides of the breast.

So, is this "something" now tissue or gland?
Or is Tissue gland mixed with fat, and if that is right, can i melt the fat to get rid of it and the gland will only remain?

Offline chociii1980

• Posting Member
i mean.
at this picture you see the gland in up and the tissue down

But what is the main Difference.
Is the Tissue down there just Fat or what?
Or is it a Mix of Fat and gland?

And how is it cut off?

My Surgeon made liposuction, so is this down there the liposucted fat, shouldnt it be more "whaterlike"?

• Supporting Doctors
"Tissue" is a general term.  You can be talking about breast gland tissue or fat tissue or muscle tissue.  When we refer to "gland" or "gland tissue", we're talking about the white, firm tissue in your photo.  It is actually breast tissue. 

Dr. Pope, MD

Offline chociii1980

• Posting Member
Ok, i get that, but whats the other thing?

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
God, that picture is revolting but I can't take my eyes away from it.

I assume the top piece is the glandular tissue and the rest is fat removed through liposuction.

*Shudder*

What do surgeons do with that stuff after? I'd like to keep mine so I can put it in a fire and watch it burrrrrrrnnnnnn
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024