Author Topic: 3 Days Post Op  (Read 3263 times)

bob_1962

I had liposuction gyne surgery. Went very well. I've had bandages on since to keep the whole area supported, because otherwise it's quite painful. Does anybody know when I can have my bandages off? Also, when I look under the bandages, my nipples are completely inverted and shriveled up and inverted, and they hurt. Does anybody know if this is because of the bandages? Is it short term?

Thanks.

bob_1962

I'll also use this thread for all my surgical experiences.

Basically, the operation isn't really painful at all, if everything goes well and all procedures are followed correctly post-op. The one time I was in absolute agony was when the day after my surgery when they tried to re-do my bandages. The nurse took them off, then realised he had forgotten to medical tape, and went to get it, so I was left with no support there. The pain I felt is hard to describe, but it was pretty much the worst physical pain I've ever had. I went into a cold sweat and puked. I'm not even sure if this was because I had no support there, it may have been the painkillers and stuff leaving my system, or whatever.

Anyway, once you're home, things are much better. The bandages are INCREDIBLY itchy. You can't shower, you have constant(although mild and pretty much unnoticable) pain, you can't physically exert yourself. It's not great. Also as all your painkillers leave your system a lot of the time you get pretty depressed.

Anyway I'm only 3 days post-op so that's really all I have to pass on.

Get the op if you can, it's worth it  ;)

Offline gyne75

• Posting Member
Who was your surgery with? I just had mine w/ Dr. Jacobs.

I hear you about the bandages...they were the most uncomfortable part of the process for me. It was a real relief to get those off yesterday.

Offline d.i.p.

• Posting Member
i just had surgery done yday and to be honest, there has been no pain at all so far. (knock on wood). my boobs were pretty big. I would say a b cup. There was alot of gland and a little bit of fat. I underwent lipo and excision. I have not seen my breasts because the bandages are on and the chest garment. I go monday to get my chest evaluated, but so far everything has went well. My chest looks so much flatter and and it has not even swelled up at the moment. (knock on wood again). I know it is still early, but Ive heard that swelling peaks on the day of surgery. My ps told me to wear the garment for 6 weeks, and I'm going to. My biggest discomfort has been to not being able to sleep in any way I want to. I usually sleep with my stomach down and arms under pillows, but other than that no pain. I took one percocet, not because I was in pain, but because I could not fall asleep lol.

Offline damianz

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

I should start a new thread too, but just thought I'd comment on this one.  Just had surgery on Friday, two days ago.  The whole process was pretty painless, as many have shared.  I felt great the first day--I think I had some local anesthesia in my chest, or maybe the lipo and gland removal (which I had a decent amount of both) just naturally numbed the area.  The only real pain I've felt came the second day, when I awoke from my first night's sleep.  I was *very* stiff and my nipples hurt, not a real sharp pain, but more like they'd been badly chaffed.  I took some vicodin and a couple ibuprofen and felt better for the rest of the day.  Other than a lot of stiffness and soreness if I overextended my arms, I've felt pretty good since then.

The only real annoyance has been the compression garment, but only because it really digs into my armpits.  I'm going to have to figure out something to reduce the chaffing in that area.

The doc said I could take off the vest and my bandages (which didn't itch at all actually) today to shower or I could wait until my post-op appointment tomorrow, which I'm going to do.  I'd rather have the best protection and most support after surgery--even if it's overkill.  I also have drains, which are no big deal, just kinda annoying if I'm going out, but I've been mostly staying in and relaxing over the weekend.  I'll have the drains removed tomorrow at my appointment and have my first view of my new chest then.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024