Author Topic: Dealing with Girls  (Read 3662 times)

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
What's up guys?

I know a lot of you are like me in that you've hidden your gyno from everyone your entire lives.  It can cause some awkward situations with women...  I'm scheduled for surgery at the end of August, and I'm wondering how you all dealt with women while in the recovery phase from surgery.  Did you take a break?  Did you make up a story about the garment and/or scars?  I'd feel like such a shadeball if I had to just hide out for a few months.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
my surgery is on july 29th. for the first week of recovery im telling people that im goin on vacation for a week. that should give u enough time to isolate urself so that u can heal, and also let people kno that u wont be available that week of recovery. 
then after that week of recovery i should be able to feel comfortable to go outside and hang out.  from there on, my excuse for the vest and/or stiffness in my movement will be that i bruised my ribs or i tore my chest muscle and the doc said that i should wear this vest to help with th recovery.
...remember, most ur friends dont know about gynecomastia and have no medical background, so whatever u say as an excuse would be believed if u say it with confidence.
and keep the lie simple and not out of the ordinary or else u better prepare urself for some questions

Offline azuzuru

• Posting Member
I was apprehensive about this too.  Fortunately, the compression vest is hardly noticeable under a shirt, especially the stage 2 compression vest.

I slept with with a couple girls while I still had my bandages and then compression vest on.  I just told them that I had had surgery to correct a problem and they accepted it just fine.  They didn't ask me any follow on questions, but if they had I would have told them that I had a mass in each of my breasts that had to be removed. 

My advice is to be upfront and straight if questions come and act like it's no big deal (which it isn't).  Girls always know if you're hiding something.

Cheers,
Azuzuru

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
What's up guys?

I know a lot of you are like me in that you've hidden your gyno from everyone your entire lives.  It can cause some awkward situations with women...  I'm scheduled for surgery at the end of August, and I'm wondering how you all dealt with women while in the recovery phase from surgery.  Did you take a break?  Did you make up a story about the garment and/or scars?  I'd feel like such a shadeball if I had to just hide out for a few months.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

I wouldn't know, I just hid out like a shadeball  :)
The first month is the worst. Once you are out of the compression thing you should be fine.  If you went to a reputable plastic surgeon the scars will be very very small and hardly noticeable so don't worry about that.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
My girlfriend drove me to the clinic on the day of the surgery and for all other appointments. She is also my aftercare "nurse" so to speak. You gotta laugh with your girl about manboobs, especially if you're getting rid of them. Makes things way easier.

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
that's what i ended up doing exactly. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024