Author Topic: Oct. 3 Surgery and a little about myself... long post. (with pics now)  (Read 5826 times)

Offline grumpygyne

• Posting Member
Hi,

I have been a long time lurker on this forum. Well I finally decided to get the procedure.  It is scheduled for Oct. 1, my birthday! lol

Anyway, a little about myself:  I am 31 and weigh about 185, 31" waist, about 57" chest.  I have some residual fat around my chest and underarms from about 45 pounds I have lost.  I also have Gyne...the doctor showe me that the gland is certainly there.  However, one unique think thing about my case which I have yet to read or hear about is my "infra-mammary fold" that starts from under my chest, and goes around under my arms.  All efforts of weight loss and building muscle mass are ruined from this fold.  It seems to exaggerate the fullness of my chest.

The doctor said that aggressive liposuction from the color bone area to the top of stomach will help release the fold and flatten my chest considerably.  Lipo will be done from the side of my chest all around to the back as well. Excision will be performed.  One good thing he mentioned was that because of my working out (3 yrs with a personal trainer) I have large pectoral muscles, so he thinks the result will be optimal.  I will be happy as long as my chest is a little flatter and the "line" under my chest and underarms is minimized.  We'll see.  Here are the pics:

I have always had a chubby chest.  I was overweight as child.  Over 15 years, I have gained and lost 50 pounds like a ping pong.  I think this has had its effect on the gyne. Four years ago I hit my heaviest at 230 lb.  So, I got my butt to the gym and lost alot of fat while putting on muscle.  My fat percentage went from 30% to about 17%. So, I consider this a reward for all the suffering. lol

And, I never ever take my shirt off at pools or beaches.  Actually, the last time my own parents saw me shirtless was when I was 13.  My boyfriend (yes boys I’m gay) has seen me shirtless, but he is one of the "you look just fine the way you are" type.  I don’t buy it.  My chest has been such an issue that I avoid invites to pools, boating, or anything with water.  I am extremely self conscious about it, as I know most you are.  The worst part is that I could wear a size medium shirt, but I buy larges and extralarges. I stretch out the top part of the shirt so that my chest doesn’t stick out so much (so its not so clingy).  And the shirts get stuck in the "fold" as well, which is very annoying.  As I walk anywhere, you will see me constantly tugging at my shirt to free it from being stuck under the fold. I will most likely post pics so you guys can see what im talking about.

Anyway, I will be getting some extra work done to optimize the results and take advantage of the anesthesia. 
-Gyne excision and liposuction of the chest, underarms and upper back
-Liposuction of the full abdomen, flanks and lower back
-Liposuction of my chin and neck to tighten it up
-Fat grafting (about a liter he said) to buttocks
-Laser Resurfacing of the face
-Lip Filler

I know it looks ridiculous, but it will be worth it.  All this will cost about $11,100.  I consulted with about 6 doctors in Atlanta, and this physician was the one I was most comfortable with.  And, Gynecomastia is his “niche”.  His fees were in line.  The Gyne is about $4000 alone. So, I think its average.

So, I am nervous primarily about the anesthesia.  This isn't my first procedure, however.  I had a nose job 10 yrs ago, so I know what to expect to some degree.  I just hope there arent complications during the procedure.

I will be posting before pics… and I am thinking about doing  a video diary and putting it up on Youtube.  That will be fun!

Thanks guys !  Whew that was long. lol

Comments?

Maurice

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 11:36:30 PM by jcowens2007 »

DrBermant

Hi,

I have been a long time lurker on this forum. Well I finally decided to get the procedure.  It is scheduled for Oct. 1, my birthday! lol

Anyway, a little about myself:  I am 31 and weigh about 185, 31" waist, about 57" chest.  I have some residual fat around my chest and underarms from about 45 pounds I have lost.  I also have Gyne...the doctor showe me that the gland is certainly there.  However, one unique think thing about my case which I have yet to read or hear about is my "infra-mammary fold" that starts from under my chest, and goes around under my arms.  All efforts of weight loss and building muscle mass are ruined from this fold.  It seems to exaggerate the fullness of my chest.

The doctor said that aggressive liposuction from the color bone area to the top of stomach will help release the fold and flatten my chest considerably.  Lipo will be done from the side of my chest all around to the back as well. Excision will be performed.  One good thing he mentioned was that because of my working out (3 yrs with a personal trainer) I have large pectoral muscles, so he thinks the result will be optimal.  I will be happy as long as my chest is a little flatter and the "line" under my chest and underarms is minimized.  We'll see.  Here are the pics:

I have always had a chubby chest.  I was overweight as child.  Over 15 years, I have gained and lost 50 pounds like a ping pong.  I think this has had its effect on the gyne. Four years ago I hit my heaviest at 230 lb.  So, I got my butt to the gym and lost alot of fat while putting on muscle.  My fat percentage went from 30% to about 17%. So, I consider this a reward for all the suffering. lol

And, I never ever take my shirt off at pools or beaches.  Actually, the last time my own parents saw me shirtless was when I was 13.  My boyfriend (yes boys I’m gay) has seen me shirtless, but he is one of the "you look just fine the way you are" type.  I don’t buy it.  My chest has been such an issue that I avoid invites to pools, boating, or anything with water.  I am extremely self conscious about it, as I know most you are.  The worst part is that I could wear a size medium shirt, but I buy larges and extralarges. I stretch out the top part of the shirt so that my chest doesn’t stick out so much (so its not so clingy).  And the shirts get stuck in the "fold" as well, which is very annoying.  As I walk anywhere, you will see me constantly tugging at my shirt to free it from being stuck under the fold. I will most likely post pics so you guys can see what im talking about.

Anyway, I will be getting some extra work done to optimize the results and take advantage of the anesthesia. 
-Gyne excision and liposuction of the chest, underarms and upper back
-Liposuction of the full abdomen, flanks and lower back
-Liposuction of my chin and neck to tighten it up
-Fat grafting (about a liter he said) to buttocks
-Laser Resurfacing of the face
-Lip Filler

I know it looks ridiculous, but it will be worth it.  All this will cost about $11,100.  I consulted with about 6 doctors in Atlanta, and this physician was the one I was most comfortable with.  And, Gynecomastia is his “niche”.  His fees were in line.  The Gyne is about $4000 alone. So, I think its average.

So, I am nervous primarily about the anesthesia.  This isn't my first procedure, however.  I had a nose job 10 yrs ago, so I know what to expect to some degree.  I just hope there arent complications during the procedure.

I will be posting before pics… and I am thinking about doing  a video diary and putting it up on Youtube.  That will be fun!

Thanks guys !  Whew that was long. lol

Comments?

Maurice

Here is a response I posted to the same issue in another similar post:

Excess Skin of the Male Chest resulting in a fold is a common component of Male Chest Ptosis or Drooping after major weight loss.  Nipples and areola are below the pectoral muscles.  The extra skin can create a fold under the arms and for extreme cases continue around the back.

Liposuction will not lift the sagging tissues and actually may make them sag even further.  Liposuction will also not help with the residual gland.  Check typical gland and hanging fat removed with gynecomastia male chest lift surgery.

Here are my Standard Pictures to Demonstrate Male Chest Sagging and Drooping for Male Chest Lift Analysis.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Hanging Tissues

Offline patientx1

• Bronze Member
Dude, I'd be careful about getting loads done at once - you might feel different about surgery after having had one thing done.

From your pics, you look pretty slim and in my experience if you have lipo on your chest, your excess skin will kind of mould back to your contours fairly quickly - its surprising how elastic skin is.

Hope this helps
Scar revision & Bio-Alcamid injects by Ruth Waters '04

Revision lipo surgery Poland / Baranski 1st Mar '07

Rev. lipo London / Karidis end of July '08

Rev. laserlipo England / Gabriel Feb '09

More photos to follow

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
I was nervous about the anesthesia too. I'm a chicken shit that way. I had a hard time even getting the pre-op blood work done, but trust me when I say the anesthesia was awesome. You lay down and the doc will put a small IV in your hand, (which was fine) and then you feel stoned for about 15 seconds and wake up feeling fine too. Believe me I was scared about all that too, it sounds like a nightmare, but it was so good and easy I'd do it again, in a new york minute...if I had to that is.

Offline grumpygyne

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

I'll be getting it done in a few hours. I'll be posting updates with pics along the way :)
Wish me luck :)

DrBermant

Hi Guys,

I'll be getting it done in a few hours. I'll be posting updates with pics along the way :)
Wish me luck :)

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15821.msg110156#msg110156

Posting standard after surgery pictures can help others better understand what was done.

I had it on Friday. It has been absolute agony.  I will shower for the first time by tomorrow, and I'll have pics up.  I certainly hope it was worth it.

After surgery comfort depends on what was done, after surgery compression garments, surgeon skills, and many other factors. Although I prescribe my patients a strong pain medication, they tell me that plain Tylenol is more than enough. They describe their chest feels sore, like a heavy work out. "Absolute Agony," in my opinion is unacceptable. Did you call your doctor at the time? I know that I want my patients to call me immediately so I can manage such an important issue.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024