Poll

What type of garment do you wear normally/the most to ether hide and or enhance?

gynecomastia vest
2 (15.4%)
compression shirt
4 (30.8%)
nothing
3 (23.1%)
sports bras
1 (7.7%)
other typical bras
3 (23.1%)
other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: September 12, 2008, 12:48:21 AM

Author Topic: The garment question.  (Read 42821 times)

Offline 42CSurprise!

My guess is that if that poll were re-opened there would many more men wearing brassieres... in large measure because of the Acceptance forum that appears to be the busiest part of this website.  Those of us who've chosen to keep our breasts often see them getting bigger.  Wearing a brassiere makes sense.  We know that wearing compression garments is not a healthy choice.  Brassieres are designed for breasts and if fitted properly will take very good care of them.  That seems a smart choice to make.

Gino

My guess is that if that poll were re-opened there would many more men wearing brassieres... in large measure because of the Acceptance forum that appears to be the busiest part of this website.  Those of us who've chosen to keep our breasts often see them getting bigger.  Wearing a brassiere makes sense.  We know that wearing compression garments is not a healthy choice.  Brassieres are designed for breasts and if fitted properly will take very good care of them.  That seems a smart choice to make.
I think your guess is spot on. 

Brdy64

Started with various sports bras and they worked for some time. But, I just seemed like I needed more back support. I'm now using the Underarmour brand of compression shirts from the heat gear line. These not only keep things from 'flopping' around they also provide support to my entire torso :)

They can be somewhat pricey but, they also fall into the price range of a good sports bra. The best time (at least in my area) is to get the heat gear version now (near Fall) because there are sales going on to make room for warmer clothing. Two were reduced from 49.99 to 34.99 and the sleeveless was priced at 24.99 .

I have the Metal Series full compression t-shirt and it has gone through 4 wash cycles and is still doing great. Make sure to follow the cleaning instructions. It gives me great support. I also have a sleeveless version and it is still holding up but does not seem to give me the same support.

I still use the sports bra now and then if the shirts are being washed or I just feel I want to. The thing here is to remember that these are for your support and will most likely give you the mental support to get out there and exercise like it has for me.  I have noticed an increase in men wearing sports bras under t-shirts at the gym because of 'our' problems as well as the compression shirts. The main thing is that we are out there trying to take care of ourselves ;)

Koyo
I wear a Glamorise front close soft cup 50D. It provides the needed support without being frills and lace. It's very plain and not feminine at all. 
Sports bras and compression tops caused me some nasty under boob rashes that my soft cups don't. 
To help cover up my straps and chest I just wear overalls all the time. My chest is big enough that I'm never going to be able to hide it completely, so I simply do the best I can at looking masculine.

Kazmage

I started with pullovers went to sports bras when I was still trying to hide .
But over the years the girls have grown and thanks to people here i have learnt to embrace my girls and not care what anyone thinks 
I now exclusively wear push up bras I find they are comfortable and hold the girls in which loons better then them flopping about 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024