Author Topic: Pool Party 1 month after surgery  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
My surgery is scheduled for July 13th.  The pool party is Aug. 13.  That's 31 days.  Dr. Fielding is my doctor.  

Will the swelling have subsided by then so that I can take my shirt off?  Also, will the scars have healed by then or will they still be noticeable?  What can I apply to help speed up the scar healing process?  

Also, what is this scar tissue I keep reading about?  Is this the actual scarring or is it something that forms under the skin?  Will that be noticeable.  

I know every case is different but I would really appreciate some feed back on this.  I look at Bambu's 1st week post up pics and I feel encouraged in knowing that it might be possible.

Thanks  

Offline Spleen

Should be cool.  I'm at about 12 days now and swelling has decreased, though there's still a hint of bruising.  I have no idea how the incisions look 'cause they're still taped.  They will come off Friday, I assume.

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
With Fielding you have a good chance of being okay.

Scar tissue is a build up of fibruous tissue beneath the skin or above the skin.  But what yer hearing about on this site is the stuff beneath the skin.  It might be noticeable, probably actually, but i'd say you got a 40/60 chance of the scar tissue looking flat

The scars will probably still be a little noticeable...if you do take yer shirt off, wear sunscreen or the scars will suffer damage from the sun and will turn red and they won't fade.

Good luck, and again, because it's Fielding, you have a chance, otherwise I'd say no.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I don't think it would be wise to go to a pool party that soon. I'd wait at least 3-6 months... no sooner.

Offline anonguy

• Bronze Member

Well maybe.  I had Fielding and I had a moderate to severe case.  He took out 900cc and I had almost no swelling at 1 week.  The scars would still be visible if someone was looking though.  

I would have been okay 1 month at night, but I don't think I would have gone during the day due to scarring.

He's a skilled surgeon but depends on how your body reacts as well.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
at 1 week his concern shouldn't be, "will they notice that I had surgery." Rather, it should be, "will running around at a pool party at 1 week help or hinder my healing process."

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
compromise- wear a tight T shirt because your going to look mighty fine, just don't take it off because the scar will be noticible and vunerable. Make an excuse about a mole the Doc needs to see - bit of a sun burn etc.

Focus on  the good stuff- next time you can take the shirt off.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
I would suggest keeping the shirt on-at one month post-op I developed scar tissue and it was very noticeable...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Don't go to the pool party.....there will be plenty.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
just jump.

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
BTW, will I be ok by like say July? I had my surgery in mid-late april. the scars arn't TOO noticable right now. i'm not completly flat yet. also, should i be massaging my nips to disolve the tissue or something?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
The conventional wisdom says that if the scar is still red/pink, then don't expose it to sunlight (real or artificial). If you do, use a heavy sunblock (SPF50 or higher).

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
i'm 3 weeks post op and i'm BORDERLINE go-out-to-the-pool (scarwise). But theres a small section of my incision that's still healing, and also, I have really pale skin so the dark scar sticks out a lot.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I think most people would be well served to wait 3-6 months.

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
hehe. at 5 weeks, scartissues, hence swelling has JUST reached (i hope) it's peak.

I am patient that another 2 month will pass by before I can take of my shirt in public.

Don't make any f*ing plans that soon!

my opinion :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024