Author Topic: Soy and Gyne  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
So today I went to the gnc to get some protein, and I was looking at this whey and I was about to buy it until I saw Contains: Milk and Soy ....I think it was soy beans or something like that. SO I dropped that and went to my second choice and same thing also contains soy. So I left empty handed and wanted to get an suggestion about what to do. I read somewhere that soy can cause gyne? Or hormone imbalance...so now I dont know what to do. I need to get protein for working out since I dont feel like eating huge meals or tuna fish from the Can which is also bad....so what do you guys recommend? Please help. Thanks

ok this is what it said exactly

ALLERGEN INFORMATION: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS WHEY DERIVED FROM DAIRY AND LECITHIN (TO IMPROVE MIXABILITY) DERIVED FROM SOYBEANS.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:13:09 PM by Copespo »
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
So I was googling a bit and seems like there are lots of different opinions on this..some are saying its the leading cause of gyne, some say it has no impact on your hormones whats so ever...and I found a site with some Q & A and there was one of them....

Q. I have read on several bodybuilding websites that soy protein can contribute to gynecomastia or "man boobs". Is this factually correct?

Dr. Messina answers:
There is no clinical evidence whatsoever that soyfoods contribute to gynecomastia (Excessive development of the male breasts). First, extensive clinical research shows that neither soyfoods nor isoflavones affect testosterone levels in men. Unfortunately a few reports in the popular media mistakenly suggest that soy lowers testosterone but this is simply not the case. A critical review of the scientific literature showing soy does not lower testosterone will soon be published. Second, breast enlargement in few prostate cancer patients participating in a soy phytoestrogen supplement trial did occur. However, the amount of phytoestrogens consumed was about 30 times more than typically consumed by Japanese men. (Taking 30% more of many nutrients will result in far more severe consequences). Even more importantly, the authors of this study attribute the breast enlargement to the prostate cancer drugs the men were taking, not to the phytoestrogens.

Offline bobjones

• Posting Member
Whey protein 99% of bodybuilders take it.... and im pretty sure it doesnt contain soy

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Whey protein 99% of bodybuilders take it.... and im pretty sure it doesnt contain soy

WEll al the ones I looked at today in the GNC store contain soy beans...if you dont believe it go to the GNC web site and see for yourself. I did some more research on the body builders forum and one guy said its a myth. I also think its kinda bs....since a bunch of guys I know work out and take protein supplements every day, some take it twice a day and they have no gyne at all.

Offline bobjones

• Posting Member
bro buy ON whey protein who cares what it says.  A bodybuilders worst fear is to get GYNO, we have taken it for years if there was even a slim chance for gyno we would stop

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
A Whey protein BLEND may contain other proteins. Stick with 100% Whey Protein ISOLATE if you want to avoid other proteins.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:41:03 AM by captklenk »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024