Author Topic: My Surgeon Turned Me Away!  (Read 7302 times)

Offline Ernster86

• Posting Member
I went to see a surgeon today (first consultation)..

Looks like it will be my last one.

He was very surprised when feeling my "pecks", he said you have a well developed chest and it's all muscle, besides a tiny bit under the nipple.

He said it may be risky doing surgery for the tiny bit of tissue as it may cause a crater effect and any improvement would subtle.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear, I went there expecting my pain to go away..but what he said made sense.

He cant remove muscle obviously and my whole chest is rock hard when I tense...

Kinda sad..

I guess the only option I have is to try and work out and get my shoulders  massive so it sort of disguiges  the maboobs or whatever the hell I got...it doesnt help that the centre of my chest is sort of flat/bony which exaggerates the pecks/boobs I have.  :-\

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Firstly are you from the UK?

Secondly do you have any pictures to show?
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Hogwash.  An experienced surgeon would not say on the one hand there is some extra tissue and then in the next breath say it is not possible to take it out. 

Maybe a doc could chime in but if it is significant enough to create bulge and you doctor confirmed it, you should be able to get it reduced.

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
I BET HE'S NOT BOARD CERTIFIED

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
We definitely need to see some picture to evaluate this.  Sometimes the distribution of muscle and non-glandular tissue gives guys puffy nipples, and not all cases like that are possible to remove with surgery.  It all depends on how close the muscle is to the nipple structure.   

Offline Ernster86

• Posting Member
I'm pretty sure he is certified

He kept tellling me to tense and was feeling all over my chest and could barely find/pinch any tissue. he said its all muscle and skin. (I just have a small bit of tissue under my nipple)

I am very skinny, but am quite muscley

See the mid to high section of my boobs? He said if he removes the tiny bit of tissue from under the nipples, the fullness of the mid/high section will still be their...as it's pretty much complete muscle.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:58:09 PM by Ernster86 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
you're alway entitled to a second opinion.

unless you've been spending extra time in the gym, that's obviously more than muscle.  i've always thought the less severe cases would be the harder ones to work with, but i don't think he really knows gyne.  find someone who does. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A surgeon makes money only when they perform surgery.

The office is where the have consultations and where they do post operative follow up work. It is not unusual for the office to actually function at a slight loss.

The Dr. turned aside financial gain and honestly said he did not feel he could improve your appearance. He noted that there was a risk of leaving a crater or worse.

You are entitled to ignore what he said and see another Surgeon. Make sure if you do that the surgeon is fully qualified and Certified.

Alternatively, perhaps the next professional you should consult is a psychologist.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

A surgeon makes money only when they perform surgery.

The office is where the have consultations and where they do post operative follow up work. It is not unusual for the office to actually function at a slight loss.

The Dr. turned aside financial gain and honestly said he did not feel he could improve your appearance. He noted that there was a risk of leaving a crater or worse.

You are entitled to ignore what he said and see another Surgeon. Make sure if you do that the surgeon is fully qualified and Certified.

Alternatively, perhaps the next professional you should consult is a psychologist.
don't misunderstand that last line, i'm pretty sure what he means by that is be ready to live with it, not that there's something wrong with your head for being unhappy with this, which obviously there is not.  but i'm going to disagree, since i think even though one surgeon may not be able to improve it, that doesn't mean another can't.

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
im gonna be totally honest and say that you look fine in these pictures at least.

Offline tempus

I'm pretty sure he is certified

He kept tellling me to tense and was feeling all over my chest and could barely find/pinch any tissue. he said its all muscle and skin. (I just have a small bit of tissue under my nipple)

I am very skinny, but am quite muscley

See the mid to high section of my boobs? He said if he removes the tiny bit of tissue from under the nipples, the fullness of the mid/high section will still be their...as it's pretty much complete muscle.

im gonna be totally honest and say that you look fine in these pictures at least

yeah..true..you're totally look fine in these pictures at least..most of our cases are more serious than yours  :-[
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:31:56 AM by tempus »

Offline Ernster86

• Posting Member
Here's another pic guys

I truly believe the surgeon,  he turned down the opportunity to make $thousands on a mild case like mine, he wouldnt do that, I'm glad he was honest.

I don't think I can go through with surgery now as its too risky and the improvement would be subtle or at worse...look worse.

I could see another surgeon but they may not be as honest as the one I just saw.

It sucks,  I really thought it was all breast tissue, but I'm skinny as a rake everywhere else and just have muscely arms.

One peck is a bit larger than the other one though, :-\

I think I'll try and join a gym and bulk up my shoulders more and do fly chest exercises, would that make it look better or less obvious?

DrBermant

I went to see a surgeon today (first consultation)..

Looks like it will be my last one.

He was very surprised when feeling my "pecks", he said you have a well developed chest and it's all muscle, besides a tiny bit under the nipple.

He said it may be risky doing surgery for the tiny bit of tissue as it may cause a crater effect and any improvement would subtle.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear, I went there expecting my pain to go away..but what he said made sense.

He cant remove muscle obviously and my whole chest is rock hard when I tense...

Kinda sad..

I guess the only option I have is to try and work out and get my shoulders  massive so it sort of disguiges  the maboobs or whatever the hell I got...it doesnt help that the centre of my chest is sort of flat/bony which exaggerates the pecks/boobs I have.  :-\

Not all patients are candidates for surgery.  If the chest looks normal when tense, subtle Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia is usually not a problem.  However, if the nipples puff out with flexing, as you can see with these Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia, then it takes skill to minimize Crater Deformity Defects After Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The reference to a psychologist is for many reasons.

Living with the condition may be an area where he could help, But that is not the only place where a Psychologist may be of value.

Sometimes a person need an advocate, They can do that.

Sometimes you need someone who is completely impartial, They can do that.

As Dr Bermant said so well, Not all patients are candidates for surgery.

Offline headheldhigh01

I could see another surgeon but they may not be as honest as the one I just saw.
i'm still not sure it couldn't be improved.  probe them, but don't assume if they tell you otherwise that they can't. 

building up would make it look worse since it would push it out. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024