Author Topic: anything but surgery?  (Read 2038 times)

Offline tramutolo

are there any gels or anything else beside surgery that can rid me of this?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Spleen

I'm not sure it's a flat out "no".  First, it depends on how severe your case is, if the problem is mostly fat, mostly gland or a combination of both.  Then, you need to rule out any problems with your hormones.  Having your hormones checked is a good idea.

Beyond that there appear to be a couple of drugs and at least one supplement that folks have used to treat their gynecomastia.  From the photos I've seen the improvement has been modest, but it could be better for some than others and might also be enough to get you comfortable.  Do your homework.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
tramutolo - go see an endocrinologist who knows about reproductive issues.  How old are you, maybe it'll go away on it's own.  

Also, there's several different types of snake oil that some would be willing to sell you so be careful what you buy.  First things first, go see an endocrinologist.  

Whatever you decide to do, going on a "super diet" or "beating the gland" will not help.  As far as gels and such, seems a lot of guys have mixed feelings about how effective they are.  

I guess for you it pays to exhaust all other possibilities before going under the knife/vacuum.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 03:34:14 PM by jc71 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is no magic pill or gel.  But, there are a lot of people who are willing to sell you some costly and bad smelling goo which is 'guaranteed' for 30 days but has instructions that clearly state that it takes 120 days before improvement is assurred.  Their goo doesn't work.

There are a lot of men suffering torment as a result of gynecomastia,  and a nearly equal number who are trying to find a way to make money out of our torment.

Spleen and jc71 have both posted good advice.

Start with a Doctor you trust and go from there.

Good Luck!

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024