Author Topic: puffy nips after op  (Read 7223 times)

Offline ibarumah

• Posting Member
hi guys. i am saving money to go for the op.
i have lots of fat in my breasts even i am not a fat guy. and my nips are very puffy. will they still be puffy after op?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 11:46:07 PM by ibarumah »

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
hi guys. i am saving money to go for the op.
i have lots of fat in my breasts even i am not a fat guy. and my nips are very puffy. will they still be puffy after op?

Discuss this with your doctor before surgery. Explain to your doctor that your puffy nipples really bother you and that it is one of the main reasons you are choosing to pay for surgery.
If the doctor says that he/she is going to fix your nipples so that they are not puffy, ask him/her what they will do if they are still puffy after surgery.
What you are trying to do in this conversation is get the doctor to commit to a free revision/touch-up if the results turn out different than the doctor has promised you.
Remember, you are not an expert... the doctor is. The doctor is the one qualified to make an accurate assessment of his capabilities in correcting your condition and your post-surgical results.

Good luck to you.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
my doc said he would make me flat but i'm 3 weeks post op and i still have puffy nipples. he said i would have final results at the one month mark. if they don't look good by then i am demanding answers.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
You're "demanding answers" because you're not perfect 1 month post op?! Get some f*cking realistic expectations! Your doctor is BS'ing you by claiming your results will be finished 1 month post op. Either that, or he's an idiot.

Either way, it's a much longer process. Ste told me he had sticky out (read: puffy) nipples until 3 months post op, but now you can't even tell.

I wouldn't be surprised if your surgeon just told you 1 month post op to get you to shut the hell up for one minute.

Bottom line: CALM DOWN.
etc.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
my doc said he would make me flat but i'm 3 weeks post op and i still have puffy nipples. he said i would have final results at the one month mark. if they don't look good by then i am demanding answers.

Blarney, my opinion is that if it is puffy 1 week, 2 weeks, or 1 month post op, then you are going to be puffy post-op... PERIOD. The physics involved in making your nips puffy are obviously still present, as are mine.

Swelling wouldn't make just the nip puffy, rather it would affect the entire surrounding area. So, if your chest looks okay, but you have puffy nips, then it is not swelling, rather it is the underlying causative factor that made the nips puffy in the first place, albeit not as excessive perhaps.

But, doddy is right. You need to calm down a bit. It's not the end of the world.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
STILLgotIT - not necessarily true. What may look like puffiness may actually just be deflated areolas. These should tighten in time.

Offline anonguy

• Bronze Member
Went to two surgeons for consultation, 1st one did lipo only.  I asked him if he could fix my puffy aerolas, and he dodged the question by saying my chest would not be perfect but better than it is.

The second surgeon I didn't even have to ask.  He did lipo and excision.  Told me my aereolas would be shrunk considerably and yes he was right.

So my take on it, if you want flatter smaller nipples get the excision.  If your nipples are fine you're probably okay with lipo only.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 03:37:12 PM by anonguy »

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

Blarney, my opinion is that if it is puffy 1 week, 2 weeks, or 1 month post op, then you are going to be puffy post-op... PERIOD. The physics involved in making your nips puffy are obviously still present, as are mine.

Swelling wouldn't make just the nip puffy, rather it would affect the entire surrounding area. So, if your chest looks okay, but you have puffy nips, then it is not swelling, rather it is the underlying causative factor that made the nips puffy in the first place, albeit not as excessive perhaps.

But, doddy is right. You need to calm down a bit. It's not the end of the world.[/quote

and what do you think if your previously puffy nips are completely flat and tiny and previously unimaginably perfect post-op, but then about 4 weeks post-op, they start to become all hard and puffy again? how do you see this resolving ? in your opinion of course ?

[anyone else, that experienced this "return to nipple   puffiness" can feel free to chime in too]
... and the saga continues

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

But, doddy is right. You need to calm down a bit. It's not the end of the world.

tony, it sounds like the puffiness returning like that could be due to scar tissue development underneath the areola.
IMO, the puffiness of your nips at day 2 and 3 is very critical in understanding how the result will turn out. If they were completely flat after surgery, and remained so for a period of weeks.. then all of a sudden they puff out again and are hard, then i would attribute that to scar tissue buildup. The good news is that the scar tissue will subside within about a year.

in my experience, my doctor said I was "flat" on the operating table, but I have pics at day 2 which clearly show them puffy. The current puffiness that I now have is mildly worse than at day 2.
my point is that at day 2 there was no scar tissue. when i examine my breast area now i can still feel gland underneath. one nip is puffier than the other, and the puffier one "just happens to have" more gland underneath the other one. to me, it is pretty clear that my post-op puffiness is directly attributable to not enough gland being removed.

Offline Spleen

I'm now 17 days out and the nips are flat.  They're still a lil' wrinkly now that there ain't no gland beneath, but they are flat for sure.  The difference is amazing.  

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

tony, it sounds like the puffiness returning like that could be due to scar tissue development underneath the areola.
IMO, the puffiness of your nips at day 2 and 3 is very critical in understanding how the result will turn out. If they were completely flat after surgery, and remained so for a period of weeks.. then all of a sudden they puff out again and are hard, then i would attribute that to scar tissue buildup. The good news is that the scar tissue will subside within about a year.

in my experience, my doctor said I was "flat" on the operating table, but I have pics at day 2 which clearly show them puffy. The current puffiness that I now have is mildly worse than at day 2.
my point is that at day 2 there was no scar tissue. when i examine my breast area now i can still feel gland underneath. one nip is puffier than the other, and the puffier one "just happens to have" more gland underneath the other one. to me, it is pretty clear that my post-op puffiness is directly attributable to not enough gland being removed.

well at 2-3 days post, I hadnt seen shit or showered even , but I can certainly say that on day 5 when I first saw my results, they were as flat as flat gets.

I only hope youre right about the rest. I guess youve got the post-op experience under your belt though. Im still just over 7 weeks post.

cheers champ

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I'm now 17 days out and the nips are flat.  They're still a lil' wrinkly now that there ain't no gland beneath, but they are flat for sure.  The difference is amazing.  

at 17 days I was the same. very happy

at about 53 days now. And things are getting worse continually. but its said that at about 6 weeks things often can and do worsen.

Offline ibarumah

• Posting Member
why the things are getting worse instead of getting better???

Offline CK

• Posting Member
You're "demanding answers" because you're not perfect 1 month post op?! Get some f*cking realistic expectations! .

I wouldn't be surprised if your surgeon just told you 1 month post op to get you to shut the hell up

Gosh, the way you speak to people really would want me open up and talk to you ::)

Nice manners

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.

Gosh, the way you speak to people really would want me open up and talk to you ::)

OK. So don't. Fine by me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024