Author Topic: Post-Op Tanning  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Hey guys, probably a dumb question but is there anyway I could get a tan this year post-op? I'm as white as a powdered donut. I know that it's really bad for the scars to get exposed to the sun, but could I just put strong sun screen on the scar and leave the rest of my body exposed?
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks

Offline rcbrown23

Yeah, you could cover with sunscreen...but then you'll have these big white areas by your nips. May look a little weird.

I'm probably going out late summer or so...I'll just sunscreen my whole front side.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, you could cover with sunscreen...but then you'll have these big white areas by your nips. May look a little weird.

If you 'carefully' apply the sun blocker to the areolas and scars, you probably wouldn't get any 'white areas'.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

If you 'carefully' apply the sun blocker to the areolas and scars, you probably wouldn't get any 'white areas'.

John.

That's a good idea. Maybe use a Q-Tip or something.

Offline Spleen

If you're that white you should think about avoiding the sun altogether.  A tan sounds good while you're young.  However, melanoma is as bad as cancer's get.  I meet people all the time who regret all the tanning they did when they were younger because they're at the dermatologist getting stuff cut off their face every 6 months.  Use SPF 45 at least.

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
My opinion is to hit the tanning bed and put on some stickers around the scars. then you will have Zero risks

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
whats the info on the pigmentation changes that one could face after surg?

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
I've been tanning like crazy. Just been using a high SPF sun block that I pain in the scars very carefully so theres no white spot.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024