Author Topic: DID EVERYONE QUIT SMOKING B4 OP?  (Read 3185 times)

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
I have my op in 2 days and I havent quit smoking I didnt know I had to quit.  Has anybody done this b4? I would like to hear if there were any problems.
Thanks

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
So everyone that smokes... quit for two weeks? common I dont believe that .... Anybody?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
So everyone that smokes... quit for two weeks? common I dont believe that .... Anybody?

Yeah, that must be brutal for the smokers huh?

What's worse.... Having nicotine in your system or being totally on edge and stressed on surgery day?

John....
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
Ive quit for two days and im going to go through with the op tommorow. im shitting my pants.. I just wanted to know if anyone has done this b4 and how it went  :-/

Offline throwback111

• Posting Member
I smoked weed every day before and after the surgery, nothing too unusual happened

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
They say it screws with the results and healing time... did u notice anything to do with those things?

Offline throwback111

• Posting Member
I got my surgery about 5 weeks ago, there was no burses or excess bleeding,  its now much better then it was before but not perfect yet. I will have to wait longer to see the final results
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 07:25:22 PM by throwback111 »

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
u smoke cigs too or just bats?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
monzo - one of the many questions your PS should have asked you is if you're a smoker.  

If your PS didn't ask you, then maybe the warnings about not smoking prior to surgery are not necessarily true. But I'zz got a feeling they are. :-/

I suppose statistically you're not likely to have complications, but smoking increases your chances for the reasons many others have already stated on these boards.

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
I went for an appointment... and next thing I know im swipping my Visa and my surgery is in 5 days. otherwise I would have quit . I cut down lots and then quit a day and a half b4.. im due in 10:40 hours and mins.. im gonna try to quit while healing tho... I know if affects healing time 4sure.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024