Author Topic: 1 day post-op-plz help  (Read 2108 times)

Offline iki4life

• Posting Member
hi everyone, i am 1 day post-op today.
yesterday after the operation, the nurse asked me what my pain level was from 1to10, and i said about 8....so she gave me a morphine injection and i felt a lot better.
also, the doctor had placed 2 drainage tubes on each breast, to drain out the remainder of the fluid...
today i went back to the doctor, and he said i dont really need the drainage anymore since i didnt drain too much fluid out anyways, so he decided to take it out.
today, my pain level has increased back to an 8, and i have the vicadin supplements, but im reluctant to take them since they are so strong and make you super drowsy and can even cause nausea, vomiting, and sweating.
but thats the only thing that will help me....should i take it or just go through the pain? is about an 8 again...yesterday right after the surgery, i was able to get up and sit down and lie down on my own....now my mom or brother are always there to assist me, and i feel like im bothering them too much although they always run to me, but i feel like i keep getting in their way...

other than that, the doctor took off my garment today, and my family and i were SUPER SURPRISED at the results. the doctor is awesome. he took off all breast tissue from the upper quadrants, under the areola, and at the sides under the armpits...although im 6'2 and weigh 230lbs, im about 30lbs overweight, and my stomach sticks out but i know ill work on that for sure. my upper body looks great but doesnt feel great
although, it is only my 1st day after surgery....anyone ahead of me got any advice? it would be highly appreciated, and i will be able to put my before and after pics up hopefully by monday...
by the way, the doctor showed me the vial in which he took out a total of 900grams of fluid from both breasts....AMAZING!

Offline iki4life

• Posting Member
the only problem im really having is lifting my arms, and a stiff neck due to lack of movement. although its only my 1st day post op, im worried that people are saying within 2 weeks, the breast size goes back to pre-op since there is swelling and scar tissue....my doc opened up the vest today and everything felt fine, but then again, that was only 24 hours after the surgery....
i meet the doc on monday again, and hopefully we'll see how results are 6 days post op...hopefully well.
by the way, i had that ultrasound surgery, and my incisions were made at the armpit creases....i dont think any gland was removed since he showed me no pics of glands...he only showed me a pic of a vial that had a total of 900grams of fluid in it....and he put me on drainers, which he removed today because i wasnt leaking much....
any ideas or suggestions? please? any reply would be greatly appreciated

soljah808

just take the prescription meds they gave you

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024