Author Topic: Why cant someone do a documentary  (Read 4176 times)

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member
why dosen't someone make a documentary on gynecomastia so people knew about it and it could be accepted by everyone and stick it on tv

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It's been done dude....  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Yeah it's been done, but only talked about on the internet. MSNBC or CNN or FOX should do one though. Or better yet, Oprah!
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Or better yet, Oprah!

Actually, a couple of years ago, Oprah was looking for G sufferers in the Chicago area to appear on her show. Don't know if it ever aired tho... 

I sent an email to the producers of the show and offered to be a guest but they said they were only looking for Chicagonites...   >:(

GB

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member
i think there was only a short one over here in the uk ages ago, but i want one that shows what it is so people can understand it more even though i have had the surgery 2months ago; still not flat yet but i feel for the gyne sufferers out there a documentary would boost their moral significantly and Merry christmas everybody have a good one.

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
I do agree. There needs to be one on BBC or any other big tv channel.  I can bet that none of my friends have even heard about gynecomastia. 

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
That sucks GB. I also sent them an email about airing one about gynecomastia in November, they didn't sent me a reply. Anyways Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
There was a documentary about gynecomastia on one of the main TV channels.. BBC I think? I'm sure it was called something like "my man boobs and I" or something...

It will never be "accepted" though.. most people don't accept things, never have and never will.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It will never be "accepted" though.. most people don't accept things, never have and never will.

However, if there is more publicity about the condition, the general public would learn that it is nothing to be making fun of and that it is a normal condition for many boys and men. We are taught (at least I was) from a very young age not to make fun of people who are less fortunate that ourselves. However, Gynecomastia is a tad different. Many people are 'unaware' of the condition and their first reaction would be to laugh/giggle about it (as seen in the video 'Me and my breast - Gynecomastia no longer taboo') which can be very hurtful. So... if people were educated about the condition they just might have some compassion towards the sufferer and not publically ostracize him.

GB

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member
exactly GB and also people who have the condition are not aware what it is and are too scared to see anybody; so it would help them and make the public aware of it so its in todays society.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Most G sufferers can research the condition on the Net. If a guy has G and is bothered by it, I'm sure that they will, at some time, get on the Net somewhere and Google it.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024