Author Topic: Surgery done on 19 Dec 2008 by Dr.K Ramachandran Apollo  (Read 4103 times)

Offline Ganesh

• Bronze Member
Hi all,

first of all i thank all the members of this forum.Beacause this forum gave me the courage to have Gynecomastia surgery and to find a surgeon in my area.

On dec 19 i got admitted in greams road apollo by morning 6.00 AM.I went all alone.The doctor told that he will arrange a attendant for me.I was admitted to day care unit and my dresses were removed with a surgery garment.Here no injections nothing.After some time i was moved to the OT where my doctor was waiting for me.It was very cool in there.The anaesthesian gave me a injection withinn seconds i went to unconcious.When i woke up i was in recovery room.The doctor said that the surgery went well.There was noticeble pain but it was bearable.Later i was moved to the day care unit and by 6.00pm evening the doctor came and gave me some instructions like not to strain and i was discharged.

I stayed in the Olive hotel near apollo for 3 days.It was good.By the second day i was able to manage things on my own.

The third day after surgery i went to the doctor.After removing the bandages i saw my chest really flat like a road.I was happy at that time.The doctor removed the drains and asked me to come after seven days.i went home.

By the seventh day (ie today) i removed the bandages on my own(as instructed by the doctor) and washed it with betadine solution.Now i got worried as i saw the gyne same before sugery.I asked the doctor about it and he told its a swelling and it will reside slowly.

My right side was swollen more than my left.I have stared using the compression garment from today.From monday i will go to my work.I am worried at this point after seeing the gyne appear the same with just mild improvement.

Im hoping for the best.. :'(

Will update the rest soon after meeting my surgeon by coming wednesday.

Offline gyne_boy

• Posting Member
Firstly congrats on ur surgery..

don't worry about the swelling.. its normal..
Just wear ur compression vest all the time.. You should get good results in a couple of months time..

Plz post ur pre/post op pics soon..

Offline Ganesh

• Bronze Member
thanks gyneboy, I will try to post my pics as soon as possible.

Then my prime concern is on day 3 my chest looked alomost flat.I was very happy.But by day 7 left side is some wt okay and the right one is worse.It is almost 80% like pre opp. :'(

im hoping for the best.This compression vest is really hard to go with.....

Offline gyne_boy

• Posting Member
By the way Ganesh, are u based in Chennai or did u travel from some other place?

Offline Ganesh

• Bronze Member

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
congrats man!! u got it done. Was your gyne moderate or severe? hope the swellings will come down and you will see the flat chest again.wish you all the best. keep us updated with your pre/post-op pics.
thanks.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:06:19 PM by wantnewlife »

Offline Ganesh

• Bronze Member
This wednesday i met my surgeon Dr.Ramachandran.He examined my chest and said thinks are normal.I asked him about the right chest which is swollen more.He told that it will improve and some parts of the chest were hard and the doctor said all will be slowly moving out.

The doctor also told that due to excess fat in right chest i was doe more lipo and gyno in the right side.Im wearing the compression garment 24/7.

I have a doubt.In my right chest the surrounding areas of my nipples are very hard now.Are they swellings?Will they all go off?When compared to left chet when i touch the right side sking its still hard.Why its is soo?

Sorry for not updating pics this time.Surely will do next time.

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
hi Ganesh, you could post this query in Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery board to get a better response.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024