Author Topic: How long with the compression vest (bandages)?  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Hey Guys,

You'd think I'd know this by now but how long do I have to wear the compression vest or bandages after surgery?  I know I can't take it off for a full week right after the surgery but what happens after my post surgery checkup?  I'm going with Dr. Fielding.  

It is July I'm having my surgery and the weather will be brutal by that time.  The first week I'm taking off work so it won't be that bad but if I have to keep wearing bandages, I know I'm going to melt at work.  I have to do what the dr. says but it would be good to know so I can build myself up to it.  

By the way, I lost 7 pounds over the past week (stomach virus), I couldn't eat (just drank fluids mainly) and I kept crapping all the fluids out of me.  I have to admit that my boobs have shrunked considerably.  Don't get me wrong, I can lose 100 pounds and it will still be there but I can tell I lost some fat in that area.  I really do wish I was getting my surgery tomorrow.  

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I'd say ask Dr. Fielding.  My PS said 30 days, some guys don't even wear one.  

The experience and technique of the Plastic Surgeon during surgery is probably more important than whether or not you wear a compression vest after surgery.

It has more to do with the opinion of the doc as to whether you even need one.  

It's supposed to minimize bruising, swelling and overall discomfort by reducing chest tissue movement.

Maybe find other guys on this site who have used Dr. Fielding and ask them.  I hear he's a really good dr. :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 10:01:37 AM by jc71 »

Offline Spleen

I wore an ace bandage with two soft foam pads over each breast for about 6 days.  The doc said this was to reduce swelling and get the skin to drape correctly on the chest.  My case was excision with a bit of lipo.  I'm at 3 weeks and I don't notice any residual swelling.

Offline rcbrown23

I think the norm is two weeks 23/7, then 2 more weeks at night.

I'm going to continue wearing mine for another week 24/7 (3 weeks total) just because I know it can only help, not harm.

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
6 weeks Lista said to me.. at all times...

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
My PS said to wear it for seven days and considering how much I hate wearing it, I just may.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024