Author Topic: Quick Question, Folks  (Read 10298 times)

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
I'm sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but since I'm getting my surgery in less than 3 hours from now I was wondering what the possibility of gaining fat in the chest is once operated on. Meaning, will my chest ever swell up and sag again (will gynecomastia reoccur?) years from now? Has there been any cases as such? Just curious (and scared).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 05:30:50 AM by Vizia »
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Well, gentlemen, I just returned home from surgery and feel great physically. However, I'm a little nervous as far as 1) what the results will be (will I look the way I envisioned?) and 2) that people will figure out what I've done and ridicule me. I know the latter sounds absurd, but I was really hoping that people would just assume that I worked out, dieted, etc. to reach my newfound results.

Nonetheless, I will post pictures later in the week.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 12:12:23 PM by Vizia »

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
i am 3 days post op.

in my case:

1.) i am also nervous with what the final results will be. but i have trust with my doctor so I dont have to worry right now. and i saw some significant changes with my body, but still somehow there is some and i assume that this is caused by swelling.

2.) well I dont care if people who ridicule me will be seeing me with better physical features (i hope!!!). I have my new-bought bench press here in our house and i will surely use it tone my upper body and hopefully prevent fat from developing again in the chest area. if i will see the people who ridicule me, and said a thing about my chest before pre-op, i will beat them to death.  ;D ;D ;D
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
HaHa Good luck, man. What does your chest look like? Is there any sagging skin? I haven't taken off my gigantic maxi pad (that absorbs the drainage - I had tumescent liposuction) off yet to see.

Also, you better believe I'm going to tone myself up with a vengeance within the next couple of months. I'm going to do some weight resistance training as well as some muay thai cardio workouts. :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 02:55:09 PM by Vizia »

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
Good luck too man.

no sagging skin. somehow looks normal now. i havent removed my maxi pads too but i think the drainage has stopped. i also have tumescent lipo. im very very excited for the final results and i hope it will turn excellent. i do always follow my PS advices cause i really really want to have a normal chest.

how about you? how does it look like? any sagging skins?

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Well, I just got back from surgery about 4 hours ago so I don't know what my chest looks like really. From what I could tell in the operating room, it was pretty flat, at least compared to before. But I really wish I could see what it looks like now - in the mirror.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 12:32:15 PM by Vizia »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
vizia, I think your original question is will it come back.  if gyne is caused by hormonal factors and your homones have not yet stabilized, then without a change in the original cause (hormones) yes there is a chance it will come back.  That's where the endo comes in.  Won't know for sure until you do blood work but if you're older 20 -25 plus, hormones should be good and less likely to return.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 05:07:54 PM by jc71 »

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Thanks, jc71, luckily I'm 27 years old, so hopefully no hormonal factors will come into play. The surgeon said that my gynecomastia was the result of 90% fat tissue and only 10% glandular tissue - which was unlike most of his other patients, so hopefully I can achieve good results. Time will tell. I'll keep you guys posted!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 03:09:23 AM by Vizia »

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
When I took a shower earlier, I noticed a little bit of loose skin, but I think it will eventually correct itself. It's nothing major anyway. I'm VERY pleased thus far with my results and it's only my day after.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 12:36:52 PM by Vizia »

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Today is my 3rd day post-op and I feel MUCH better. I felt like sh*t yesterday. I'm sure that I will feel better and better because already I feel 75% normal. Luckily I have off today because it's 'Martin Luther King Day', so I caught a break. I'm a physical education teacher, so going through the day wincing in pain as my students ran circles around me would be cumbersome.  :o
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 02:50:47 AM by Vizia »

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Almost a week and I don't know if I'm 100% satisfied yet because there's substantial swelling going on. I guess I'll know by the suggested 6 week mark. See you then if you're actually reading this thread.

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)

Your probably getting swelling because your trying to do too much too soon.  You should have waited until summer vacation or one of the winter or spring breaks to get it done.

So the swelling would be reduced if I "slow down" is what you're saying? One side is worse than the other - that's what bothers me most. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
slow down meaning have patience

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Thanks a lot, guys, I genuinely appreciate your support. There's not too many people to talk to about this.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
@Vizia

how does it look right now? are there still some swelling? do you wear some kind of compression?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024