Author Topic: Had Surgery Today Gland/Lipo  (Read 5062 times)

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member

I Have Been Trolling These Forums For About 2 1/2 years now And Finally Had Surgery This Morning wednesday (1/14/09) I Had  Gland/Lipo Removal 9 a.m I woke up in the recovery room around 12:30 p.m im at home now still in a bit of pain but all went as planned i even asked the surgeon to take pictures of the gland for me which he did im just very happy for this forum than and would like to say thanks to everyone including Merle, The Surgeons, Grandpa bambu, Paa_Paw, Headheldhigh01, and many more. I Will be posting both post and pre opp pictures so stay tuned as i plan on sticking around and helping out with questions and advice and such, this site has done alot for me its time for me to give back. Hopefully this will be the start of a great new year and a very very good summer. It Feels Good To Be On The Other Side.

Cost $5,675
Pain Killer $30.00
Total Cost $5,705

Offline SoX

• Posting Member
congrats mate i can only imagine the relief your feeling

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Have a great summer!!!!

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member
Thank You very much guys the relief is unrealistic i hope all goes well from here

Offline iFlow

• Posting Member
Congrats again.

To be honest, how was "going under" like. I am so turned off by it and scared that I might really "be at the other side".

But other than that, who was your Surgeon and like what made you decide on him? I'm in the east coast, but I really want to go to Cali to get Delgado, because I saw his video on Youtube and I'm sold. But like I don't really know how or what the outcome will be like with other Surgeons, because on their pages, I see minor cases and okay results. I think my case is horrible, but I am 6'3 230lbs.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
that's great, congrats.  definitely gives a little extra potential to summer  ;D 

remember not to expect too much right away.  everybody freaks if they get swelling or scar tissue during recovery. if it happens, don't worry, your results may not be final till anything like 2 months to a year out. 

@iflow: 
i've only had anesthesia once, but it's kind of like going to sleep every night, it's hard to pin down exactly when you dozed off, it just happened.  i'm not a statistician, but i bet if you can risk going on a long road trip in your car, your odds might be better with a competent anesthesiologist.  are also, my observation is, the guys with the worst cases are probably the easiest to be satisfied with the op because their improvements are the most dramatic.  it's the mild ones that still get grief with conditions others would settle for who would have the tougher time at significant improvement. 

* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline iFlow

• Posting Member
that's great, congrats.  definitely gives a little extra potential to summer  ;D 

remember not to expect too much right away.  everybody freaks if they get swelling or scar tissue during recovery. if it happens, don't worry, your results may not be final till anything like 2 months to a year out. 

@iflow: 
i've only had anesthesia once, but it's kind of like going to sleep every night, it's hard to pin down exactly when you dozed off, it just happened.  i'm not a statistician, but i bet if you can risk going on a long road trip in your car, your odds might be better with a competent anesthesiologist.  are also, my observation is, the guys with the worst cases are probably the easiest to be satisfied with the op because their improvements are the most dramatic.  it's the mild ones that still get grief with conditions others would settle for who would have the tougher time at significant improvement. 

Thanks for the info man!

I hope whenever I get surgery that it will be done right the first time. Not to pick on any of the wonderful surgeons who contribute here, but some of the pics I saw, almost had no change whatsoever. A real turn off. I guess picking the right surgeon means the world.

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member
Congrats again.

To be honest, how was "going under" like. I am so turned off by it and scared that I might really "be at the other side".

But other than that, who was your Surgeon and like what made you decide on him? I'm in the east coast, but I really want to go to Cali to get Delgado, because I saw his video on Youtube and I'm sold. But like I don't really know how or what the outcome will be like with other Surgeons, because on their pages, I see minor cases and okay results. I think my case is horrible, but I am 6'3 230lbs.

Thank You "iFlow" going under the knife is not bad at all you will be well asleep and back on your feet before you know it, now my case was minor im somewhat muscular 160lbs 5'6, my doctor was a "plastic" surgeon MD Alfred Sopher I choose him because he is board certified very important has a performed many gynecomastia surgeries in the past as i can see from recent patients pictures i asked to see and the results were good, although my ace bandage wrap isn't off yet its still too early i had surgery today well its 1:28 so i guess that makes it 2 days ago, i did take a peek and i look flat with some swelling ofcourse.

Offline iFlow

• Posting Member
Thx again!

Yea I'm going to have to surgery, but it's only a matter of time I suppose. But your post gave me so much motivation and hope on about how you came up with the money for the surgery. Being a broke college student sucks, but yea I'm going to take your advice on spending and working hard to get what seems like a dream come true.

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member
iFlow Saving This Money It can be done trust me you just have to be very very dedicated to it, I Remember while saving the money for this surgery I Got around the 5,000 Dollar mark and wanted to buy myself a newer car so bad it took alot of self decipline not to being that the car i have right now is not the greatest however i gets me from point a to point b. Having that much money at my disposal opened a variety of doors to things i could by but its the commitment to the surgery that held me back from not spending all of my money in conclusion it can be done iFlow Start now my friend.

Offline nikolas

• Posting Member
I also had the op yesterday morning 1/15/09. I to had been browsing this site which motivated me
to go ahead with the decision to do the procedure. My gyno was actually self-induced, if you can call it that, after taking propecia for 1 and a half years. It was a mild case but I am fairlyin shape and work out so not being able to wear a shirt without feeling uncomfortable about my puffy nipples was terrible for me. So to all out there, think twice before taking propecia.

In any case, everything good so far one day post op. Only very mild pain, no real need for vicodine yet. Have drains and vest on, can't shower or take it off until sat so have not seen results yet.

As far as general anesthesia, I was scheduled for local anesthesia with iv sedation. However the anestheseologist managed to convince me to go under. I was nervous but it went well. I don't remember exactly when I went under...I woke up and it was done. I was scared before but maybe it was probably better since op lasts at least 1 hr.

As for $$. Here is what I did and my advice. You don't want debt but you don't want to wait and wait because you might always find that paying $5k outright is impossible. Save and save until you can pay sufficient amount. Then you can open a 1 yr no interest credit card and put the remainder of the balance on it. Warning though, the goal should be to pay the entire surgery in 6 months or the latest a year after which interest starts. This means you have to calculate how much you are able to pay monthly so you know what amount you can put on credit. If you can pay say $200 p/m I'd say you can finance maybe $1500 to $2000 max.  Once you have saved up for the rest of the balance you are ready for surgery. Of course, don't take out the cc until right before the op so you can have an entire year of no interest.

Offline iFlow

• Posting Member
iFlow Saving This Money It can be done trust me you just have to be very very dedicated to it, I Remember while saving the money for this surgery I Got around the 5,000 Dollar mark and wanted to buy myself a newer car so bad it took alot of self decipline not to being that the car i have right now is not the greatest however i gets me from point a to point b. Having that much money at my disposal opened a variety of doors to things i could by but its the commitment to the surgery that held me back from not spending all of my money in conclusion it can be done iFlow Start now my friend.

Yea def. I'm going to start saving now. But like what about spending money on eating out and foods? Like what was the average amount you spent while saving? For example, Street Fighter 4 is coming out around Feb lol, so yea lol.

I also had the op yesterday morning 1/15/09. I to had been browsing this site which motivated me
to go ahead with the decision to do the procedure. My gyno was actually self-induced, if you can call it that, after taking propecia for 1 and a half years. It was a mild case but I am fairlyin shape and work out so not being able to wear a shirt without feeling uncomfortable about my puffy nipples was terrible for me. So to all out there, think twice before taking propecia.

In any case, everything good so far one day post op. Only very mild pain, no real need for vicodine yet. Have drains and vest on, can't shower or take it off until sat so have not seen results yet.

As far as general anesthesia, I was scheduled for local anesthesia with iv sedation. However the anestheseologist managed to convince me to go under. I was nervous but it went well. I don't remember exactly when I went under...I woke up and it was done. I was scared before but maybe it was probably better since op lasts at least 1 hr.

As for $$. Here is what I did and my advice. You don't want debt but you don't want to wait and wait because you might always find that paying $5k outright is impossible. Save and save until you can pay sufficient amount. Then you can open a 1 yr no interest credit card and put the remainder of the balance on it. Warning though, the goal should be to pay the entire surgery in 6 months or the latest a year after which interest starts. This means you have to calculate how much you are able to pay monthly so you know what amount you can put on credit. If you can pay say $200 p/m I'd say you can finance maybe $1500 to $2000 max.  Once you have saved up for the rest of the balance you are ready for surgery. Of course, don't take out the cc until right before the op so you can have an entire year of no interest.

Interesting. But I don't think I'm going to open up the 1 year CC since I'm in college because of interest, etc. But, I plan on trying to get it paid from student loans if I cannot wait for the saving to add up.

But yea, going under and the side effects is my main concern. I don't know why, but I'm so nervous about it. Maybe because anytime I heard about people going under, I just heard about the bad things. But yea, I'm just have to have faith, suck it up, and do it.

Offline BroWithGyno

• Posting Member
As far as eating out goes... i really didn't eat out that much i the only time i would eat out was for lunch break at work and that was an ongoing bad habbit that i had to kick so instead i would just pack my own lunch and bring to work or sometimes i would just wait till i get home and eat all because i'm on a "lunch" break doesn't mean i have to eat lunch, and you said street fighter 4 was coming out, that is entirely up to you.  But Me i wouldn't do it and it also depends on how much money you have saved already if i was close to the amount i needed than perhaps but that decision is up to you

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024