Author Topic: Showering  (Read 2039 times)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I was instructed that it'd be ok to shower after 24 hours.  It's been about three days and my hair is starting to aggravate me.

Does it hurt when the water hits your chest?  I don't like taking off my vest although I've done it a few times already because of the discomfort it causes.  Last night it was itching so badly I just had to take it off and scratch around with a crumpled paper towel.

Anyway, I can't really raise my arms very high (to wash my hair) without fear of popping the stitches in my armpits and I'm worried about causing bruising from the impact of the water on my chest.  Anybody have any thoughts?
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
It will prob just feel a little numb rather than painful. Tip for washing your hair: bend down from your waist, so that your arms dont have far to go.
etc.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
dont bother dude.
wait until you are fully able to do it.

so you wont wash your hair- big deal
so itll be a bit dirtier than normal for a short while - who cares... its not worth compromising anything about your recovery .  I didnt shower for 5 days after my op, and then never washed my hair for the next 2 weeks till i could raise my arms comfortably.

... and the saga continues

Offline Spleen

you will not pop the stitches just by raising your arms.  Any lipo'd areas might produce funny sensations, but I doubt you'll wave pain.   Cleanliness is next to godliness.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I was instructed that it'd be ok to shower after 24 hours.  It's been about three days and my hair is starting to aggravate me. Does it hurt when the water hits your chest?

Dude....

The body is not 'that' delecate! Have your shower, wash your hair, be clean, then put your compression vest back on. Sure, you may feel 'some' chest discomfort while showering, but it's not going to kill you. I was showering soon after my operation.

John....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 11:01:16 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024