Author Topic: How long should i wear my Garment?  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Throy

• Posting Member
i finished my surgery like 4 days ago, how long should i wear my garment

thanks

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Your surgeon should have given you detailed instructions on post-op care! It really scares me how many people ask simple post-op care questions AFTER they have had their surgery. I don't understand how some surgeons can send their patients home without SPECIFIC post-op guidelines.

Throy,
congrats on having had your surgery! It seems that the general consensus for post-op garment wear is between 4 to 6 weeks. That answer does depend on the surgeon and the surgical techniques used. My personal opinion is that the garment doesn't harm you, so why not wear is as long as possible. The garment helps with skin adhesion, circulation, and prevention of scarring - all of which are necessary towards a happy final result. You've lived with gyne for so long, what's a few more weeks with a bothersome garment?

Cheers,
dondante

Offline Throy

• Posting Member
Your surgeon should have given you detailed instructions on post-op care! It really scares me how many people ask simple post-op care questions AFTER they have had their surgery. I don't understand how some surgeons can send their patients home without SPECIFIC post-op guidelines.

Throy,
congrats on having had your surgery! It seems that the general consensus for post-op garment wear is between 4 to 6 weeks. That answer does depend on the surgeon and the surgical techniques used. My personal opinion is that the garment doesn't harm you, so why not wear is as long as possible. The garment helps with skin adhesion, circulation, and prevention of scarring - all of which are necessary towards a happy final result. You've lived with gyne for so long, what's a few more weeks with a bothersome garment?

Cheers,
dondante

thanks dondante you were helpful, i asked my surgeon, he just said between 4 to 6 weeks, which matchs what you said, he said you can wear it up to 3 months or to 6 months maximum for the best results, so ima wear it

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Yeah, I hit my 6 weeks post op yesterday, but I'm gonna keep wearing it on days when I don't go to the gym and at night, for at least another month or two. It might be overkill, but after spending 6 large, I want to be VERY happy with my results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024