Author Topic: Temporary Puffy Nips after surgery?  (Read 6409 times)

Offline torontoboy

• Posting Member
Has anyone had surgery and ended up with "temporary puffy nipples"? I have a puffy nipple on my right side, but I'm wondering if it will only be temporary? It still feels hard underneath, but I've read hardness/firmness is part of healing.

I had the surgery 4 weeks ago.

Anyone have puffy nipples that eventually softened and went away?

Thanks!

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I'm on the EXACT same boat as you. I'm 4 weeks post op and both my nips are puffy with hard underneathe. I'm hoping and praying for it to get better.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline infer

• Posting Member
Hey ... I was gonna write exactly the same replay as Blarney did... I'm also around 4 weeks post-op ... my nipps are puffy as hell and its like a nightmare... this was the reason i took the surgery in the first place... and now it looks exactly like it did before I took the op...
The chest itself looks pretty flat (I have lotsa muscles) but the nipples are puffy just like they were before... and im so dissapointed and afraid :(

Is this normal ?!?!?!!?!? I remmber just after the surgery when my doc came day after the surgery , he took off my vest and bandages to see if everything is allright and it was so fucking flat it was amazing I had so much hope... for once I could dream about wearing comfy clothes... but I guess my hopes are going straight to hell :(

Offline ih8gynec

• Posting Member
I'm 8 months out and have this same issue :(

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Exactly how puffy are they?  Could you guys please post some pics.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

DrBermant

Has anyone had surgery and ended up with "temporary puffy nipples"? I have a puffy nipple on my right side, but I'm wondering if it will only be temporary? It still feels hard underneath, but I've read hardness/firmness is part of healing.

I had the surgery 4 weeks ago.

Anyone have puffy nipples that eventually softened and went away?

Thanks!

Here is the answer I posted to the same question you asked elswhere:

"Puffy Nipples" is a very vague phrase that means so many different things to different people.   Standardized photographs are one good way of showing contour issues.  Contour problems can be one of residual tissues such as gland left behind, swelling, or just normal firmness of healing tissues that tends to show up during animation.  All healing tissues have some degree of firmness that tends to soften up over time as with any cut.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, after care, scar care, compression and other factors best explored with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 09:16:37 AM by DrBermant »

Offline infer

• Posting Member
Hi Doctor .. if you're stil here.. i've taken some pictures... they are kinda sucky but thats all I managed to get for now.. :(

http://www.picturetrail.com/infer

thanks.

-Edit- btw sorry for the pimples or however its called in english.... the god damn vest is killing my skin!

BTW Im around 4 weeks Post op!

(I'm from Israel)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 10:03:52 AM by infer »

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Hi Doctor .. if you're stil here.. i've taken some pictures... they are kinda sucky but thats all I managed to get for now.. :(

thanks.

-Edit- btw sorry for the pimples or however its called in english.... the god damn vest is killing my skin!

(I'm from Israel)

mine are like that, only slightly worse

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

thanks.

(I'm from Israel)

Looks similar to mine, and I'm 14 months post-op  :'( :'( :'(

Oh well. I have an appt with my doc in the next few weeks and am entertaining the idea of a revision.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid7520019

Hey
dont wanna throw fuel on your fire, but do you have any other concerns about your chest other than purely the nipples ?
... and the saga continues

Offline infer

• Posting Member

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I guess we are doomed!

Just sit tight man

I'm at 9 weeks and mine looks like shit too. way worse than yours - I have big chunky lumps of scar tissue and its painful as hell.

even if I or you or anyone of these other guys in this thread needs or wants a revision, no doctor is gonna perform one less than 6-12 months after one's primary gyne surgery. just be patient and give it more time

its hard but for now thats all you can do is just wait and see. If youre gonna do nothing about it then youll do nothing and if youre gonna look into a revision in the future, right now theres still nothing you can do. In short, there is nothing you can do at this early point in time.

just know that you are amongst other people that also had hopes of their long-awaited surgery resolving and bringing ultimate closure to years of pain and anguish, only to find that still more time,energy,possibly more surgery and more $$ will be required to achieve or get close to what they believed was going to be realised with the surgery that has come and gone, though the problems persist.

Offline infer

• Posting Member
Hey :\

Knowing other people got the same situation as I do really doesn't improve my feeling... I just feel sadder when I know there are other people who suffer the same way I do... I didn't expect to have anything beyond normal ... but I guess im not gonna achive that either.. My doc claims the nipples will erm dunno how to say it "go inside.." I mean.. the swelness will go away... In time and I just gotta wait.. but to be honest.. I don't see that coming... :(

Offline infer

• Posting Member
I just dont get it... why can't he take a needle stick it in ... and just take whatever is inside .. outside... weather its air.. liquid.. or whatever... there isnt supouse to be gland left... so whats the problem :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024