Author Topic: Went swimming for first time in ages  (Read 3287 times)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Well, gang. I thought I'd let you all know that I went swimming today in a public pool for the first time in a long time!
For those that don't know, I had the op just over a year ago for puffy nips. The surgery definitely helped, and as time has marched on a bit and I've gotten used to my current condition, I am prepared to say that the surgery alleviated my condition by about 75%.
I still have puffies, but not that bad relatively speaking. But, I paid for a flat chest so I am not 100% satisfied.
But, with the encouragement of others on this board, I have decided to go about my life and enjoy it. That means swimming at the pool, beach, lake, wherever. It ain't gonna hold me back any longer. It really wasn't that tough once I got to the pool today. All of the anxiety was before leaving, but I put it in the back of my head and just went for it.
Nobody paid any attention to me (except for a couple of girlies, but i'm married so I don't fool around with that anymore :) ) and I noticed a guy in the pool who was probably 16 or 17 and he had a decent case of puffies. He didn't seem to know about it, or, if he did he didn't let it hinder him. Good for him. I've changed my mind about something. Before there was a thread in the lounge about "how to tell someone they have gyne" or "how to tell them about this website" if they  have gyne. My new philosophy is if it isn't bothering them then let it be. Why make them self-conscious and start worrying if they're getting along just fine?

So gang, if you don't have full on nugs and are just suffering from a case of puffies, don't let life pass you by.

I'm still considering a revision to make it FLAT, but whatever happens, life is gonna be so much sweeter from here on out because I am choosing to make it so!

Ciao!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Wow! Great attitude!

Have you been listening to your Tony Robbins tapes?

75% better is pretty good.  No PS will ever give you a "perfect" chest.

Revision surgery may not be a bad idea.

Continued success and happiness.  :)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
That's great to hear man!  I'm really glad to hear how much your condition and attitude has been improved!

I can't wait for my swelling and bruising to go down and for my stitchings to heal up so I can hopefully enjoy some time in my pool with my friends and at my condo in Destin  8)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 09:14:14 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Spleen

Good for you.  I went shirtless for 2 decades with puffy nips and the reality is no one cares.  If I had ever noticed someone noticing me, then what of it?  Like I didn't know I had funny lookin' nips *before* the shirt came off?

There's no reason you shouldn't try to look your best so go for the revision if you have the time/$$$/energy/interest.  But for all those cats who want to feel "free", you can do that with or without the surgery if you change the way you think a little bit.

And I would no more tell a guy he has gyne and give him this url than I would tell a total stranger they have croked teeth, flat feet or small breasts and give them the address to some other forum.  Just bad manners I think.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Thanks for the feedback guys. It is very true that a lot of this thing is in your head. And, I think that is true regardless of how bad your case is. Granted, it is easier to win the mind-battle when the case is mild than when it is severe.

But it can be done if you just go for it. And, when the shirt comes off and people notice... IF they notice, SO WHAT. The novelty will wear off in about 10 seconds and everybody gets back to life.

I'm just bummed that I wasn't mentally strong enough for the past 5 years that this has been really bothering me. Now I have to make up for lost time  ;)

But, I do have a new problem today... I got a decent sunburn yesterday and it's a little sore. I guess I have to use a bit more sunblock next weekend.  ;D

Keep the faith guys!

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Hey i'm happy for you man! :) I used to swim every week before gyne, now that I've had surgery I plan to swim again. ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 02:10:40 AM by kkl »
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
I used to go swimming w/ a t-shirt on, but i had huge breasts and it was too humiliating, even w/ the shirt on, so at about age 12 or so I quit. I haven't gone swimming once in the last ten years.

I loved to swim dearly. I definitely plan to take it up again once I get the op.

Offline jc71

Good for you.  I went shirtless for 2 decades with puffy nips and the reality is no one cares.

Aint that the truth.  That's my experience too.  

When you break-it-down and really think about it, in most cases, nobody gives a rats ass.

They've got their own insecurities to deal with.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

Aint that the truth.  That's my experience too.  

When you break-it-down and really think about it, in most cases, nobody gives a rats ass.

They've got their own insecurities to deal with.

I heard that, but it could be a little bit different if a guy has full on breasts. I could see the entire pool stopping to check it out and then the snickering starting.
That would be tough to deal with and I definitely and not gonna say "if that were me I'd say hell with it." Because, I had my shot to be so brave and it didn't turn out that well even with my mild-moderate case.
But, I'd say that if you look normal except for your nipples it shouldn't be that hard to go shirtless at the pool.

Offline jc71

I heard that, but it could be a little bit different if a guy has full on breasts.

Yep.  I agree. That's why I said "in most cases."

If a guy had really big cans, others may look twice and then go on with their lives and their own insecurities.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024