Author Topic: ONE LAST TIME  (Read 4706 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I know a few of you are frustrated that I keep asking similar questions without posting pics but I havn't gottena  straight answer so I'll ask one last time before I post pics.

I have VERY puffy nipples at the 1 month post op mark. My surgeon claims that he removed A LOT of gland from both sides. I know that there's scar tissue. Is it possible that scar tissue can make nipples puffy (soft puffy)? Is it possible that I'll be flat once my scar tissue disolves?
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

DrBermant

I know a few of you are frustrated that I keep asking similar questions without posting pics but I havn't gottena  straight answer so I'll ask one last time before I post pics.

I have VERY puffy nipples at the 1 month post op mark. My surgeon claims that he removed A LOT of gland from both sides. I know that there's scar tissue. Is it possible that scar tissue can make nipples puffy (soft puffy)? Is it possible that I'll be flat once my scar tissue disolves?

Scar tissue does not "disolve," it does tend to soften over time as it evolves.  Scar tissue tends to be firm. Here is a modification of an answer I just posted:

"Puffy Nipples" is a very vague phrase that means so many different things to different people.   Standardized photographs are one good way of showing contour issues.  Contour problems can be one of residual tissues such as gland left behind, swelling, or just normal firmness of healing tissues that tends to show up during animation.  All healing tissues have some degree of firmness that tends to soften up over time as with any cut.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, after care, scar care, compression and other factors best explored with your doctor or someone you see for a second opionion evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
i guess i'm fucked. cheers to another summer having to avoid people seeing my chest. except this summer i have to take off my shirt EVERYDAY. I think god is punishing me for something. my surgeon said final results would be in a month. if these puffy nipples are my final results, i should DEMAND a refund. he promised to make me flat.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
If it's scar tissue you aren't fucked.  Request that you have cortisone or some other steroid shot.  I do believe these sorts of things can greatly diminish scar tissue underneath the skin, unless I'm mistaken.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
if it does, then what. He obviously didn't remove enough gland. He said he removed a ton of gland. He put a lot of emphasis on how much he removed. If he removed so much, then why does it look the same?

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
post the pics man...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
if there is an improvment its almost unnoticible. my nipples are SOOOO swelled right now. They are swelled and round, not pointed at the end.

Offline AbNormal

• Bronze Member
Think of it this way..  He removed a lot of gland, so there is a lot of healing to be done.  So of course they're puffy right now.  It's the body's way of healing or it's just the process that must be gone through to heal completely.

Keep wearing the vest (I think you're still supposed to.. may be wrong), and maybe see if you should get a cortisone shot.

But really, considering that he removed a "LOT" of gland, you can't expect your body to be fully to where it will be, after 3 weeks.

Try not to worry about it, get your mind on other things.  There's probably a very good chance that it seems worse than it is.

Post pics.  Then you can get other peoples' opinions on it.  It will help ease your mind.

But really, it's very likely that because he removed so much, it will just take time for it to heal.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 06:40:01 PM by AbNormal »

Offline AbNormal

• Bronze Member
Also the fact that they're swelled and round, as opposed to swelled and flat, is a good sign too.  I'm 99% sure that that means that they're bigger because of swelling, as opposed to something else.

So once the swelling goes down (and it will), they will take their natural shape.  With as much as he removed, I'm sure it will go down quite a bit.

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
Blarneystoner,

Are your nips/areolas supersensitive and painful to the touch?

Offline Kevin

• Bronze Member
  • Having lipo is like going to the dentist its done
Is it standard practice for surgeons to show his patients the stuff which he removed from their body regardless of whether its excision or lipo? I haven't got a chance to look at the stuff he sucked out of my breasts.
Surgery with Dr. Lasa - Ph 5/21/2005 (Liposuction only) My Pictures

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I still say one month is far too early to claim you'll see "final results". My surgeon told me it can take months and months. Just keep that in mind.
etc.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
someone asked if my nipples were sensitive to touch. Not really, they only hurt very slightly. Also, do you think it will look any better in a month?

Offline AbNormal

• Bronze Member
Blarney, I'd say it's guaranteed that it will.

Be sure to do everything that the doctor said to promote the best healing.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
I'm @ 4 months post op and I'm still noticing improvements,hang in there...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024