Author Topic: Areola Reductions: Is it recommended?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline karl2me22

• Posting Member
I know many people are against getting rid of the loose skin, but what about Areola reductions?  I have big areolas, and have noticed when cold they shrink and my boobs look A LOT smaller then with my normal sized ones.  On my original surgery I asked my doc about this but he kind of shrugged it off (most likely wanted more money from another operation)  Does it leave scars? Hurt?  How much does it typically cost?

Offline karl2me22

• Posting Member
The only people I've seen with areolas as big as mine are girls, it's embarassing.

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
All of the surgeons I've spoken with don't recommend areola reduction, unless it is an extreme case. The scars leftover from the reduction can be quite noticeable. If you've ever seen some pictures of chicks who had breast implants done many years ago, you'll sometimes see a scare 360* around the areola. That is similar to a scar leftover from areola reduction.....or from gland excision for gyno, but that scar is usually less than 180* on the lower part of the areola.

They all said the areola do tend to shrink in size with gyno sugery; some more than others.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024