Author Topic: 7 month post-op, sunburn, swelling  (Read 3518 times)

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
i had surgery in october, everything was fine, but i got sunburnt to a crisp last weekend and now the "hard lumps" just as i had after surgery have returned.  it feels just like the hard scar tissue --- what the hell is going on here?  how long will this take to go away?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I've never heard of the sun causing hard lumps to return.

I have heard of the sun permanently changing the pigmentation of the skin/healing scars, making them more easy to see.

Maybe the doctor will weigh in and let us know if the sun can cause hard lumps to return.

Offline rcbrown23

Returning after 7 months ??? Yeah, that sounds a little strange.

When you get really sunburn, the skin and a little of the underlying tissues tend to harden untill the sunburn passes...maybe it's just that and it will go away with the burn. Maybe the scar tissue was still under there, it just softened up over time and the burn caused it to harden again. I dunno, just an idea.

How bad are we talking here? does it just feel a little more firm then surrounding tissue's, or is it the hard lumpy scar tissue that's noticeable to the eye?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
(I'm starting to look a bit chicano  ;D) and there has been no change at all.

Me too! ;D ;D ;D

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
well look at it this way ...  a week ago (and for the last 4 months) if i pinch the area where the gyne used to be, i can barely fit what's there between my fingers, now it's like if i cut a ping-pong ball in half .... but it's less than it was yesterday already so i'm convinced it's just the scar tissue (that was remaining ... VERy little) got scarred again or something.  you guys don't understand the extent of this sunburn :) trust me.  i think it'll be ok in a week or so here.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
you guys don't understand the extent of this sunburn :) trust me.  i think it'll be ok in a week or so here.

Get well soon!

John.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 10:39:54 AM by Bambu »

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
this went away 100% ... musta been a reaction to the sunburn, fyi

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024