Author Topic: Surgeon in Jakarta, Indonesia  (Read 2928 times)

Offline indies

A while back, I searched this forum to see if there was any information about surgeons performing surgery in Jakarta, Indonesia. Nothing turned up. Since then, I searched to find a doctor with extensive experience in liposuction, Dr. Edwin Djuanda, with whom I had a liposuction only procedure. He uses the tumescent procedure, with only local anesthetic. When I had a consultation with him prior to the operation, I asked him about the issue of gland/fat. He said that it was impossible for him to tell before looking directly and that he could remove gland although "it would be more difficult". In the event, he removed only fat. To be honest, I think this is what he is good at and excision may well be something that he is not comfortable with.

I've had relatively mild gyno since about the age of 13 - enough to discourage me from wearing tight t-shirts and enough to occasionally attract comments from Indonesian children, who are fairly ruthless and cruel about pointing out the physical eccentricities of foreigners they see. The fact that I had it from such an early age made me think that there probably was more gland involved than Dr Edwin admitted, but I don't know: it's true that even though my overall bodyweight is normal for my height, I've also always had a disproportionate amount of belly fat.

The operation was only ten days ago, so it is still too soon for me to tell what the final results are. I suspect that the end result will be: some improvement, maybe enough not to consider further surgery, but not quite as good as if I'd sought out a surgeon who was more comfortable with both lipo AND excision.

The cost was quite reasonable, considering that Dr. Edwin is something of a fashion plate doctor to the local elite - very pretty fish in the fishtank in the waiting room. It came to about $1500.

I'd give him two cheers - although, as I said, I'd like to wait another month before deciding what I think about the result.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024