Author Topic: Under Armour after surgery  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Jdell

• Posting Member
Hey Guys......

I had surgery a week ago and just the other day my surgeon said that I could swith my current vest to just a small under armour T. Has anyone else used this after surgery? I wasnt sure if it was anough compression but he said it was. Thanks!  :)

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
I doubt it, but he's the surgeon, not me.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
My PS told me that he's never seen a benefit to wearing the vest for longer than seven days.  My post-op day #7 was yesterday and I have stopped wearing it (I actually stopped on day #6 but wore it that night as well as last night).

Wearing it longer may be beneficial depending on who your surgeon is because their skill level is a factor in how much swelling one experiences.  I have experienced very little swelling and it has already begun to diminish.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 08:38:48 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I'd wear it 24/7 for at least 2 weeks, then just during the day or just during the night for another 2 weeks.
An ancillary benefit to the vest is that it "holds everything in place" while your chest is sore and healing. This will allow you to move more freely throughout your day with less discomfort.

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
i wore under armour under my compression garment (not compression vest, i never wore one of those) while i slept ... but it was too hot to wear during the day.  i think it'd be fine after 2 weeks or so

Offline Vail

• Posting Member
My PS had me use underarmor as well.  I turned out fine :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024