Author Topic: lipo/unhappy??  (Read 2821 times)

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
  • boobs=gone. nipples=puffy. NO!!!
i tried the nipple ring post - this might be more effective.

i had lipo, and i am fairly unsatisfied. my boobs are gone, but i still have an issue with my nipples - no change, so they are still puffy.

i haven't taken off my shirt, and my parents are starting to wonder what the problem is, if everything was just fixed. (im 17, and live minutes from the beach)

anyone else have the same experience? what did you do?

i have an appointment with the surgeon again in july to see how things are progressing - what are my options to resolve this?

thx in advance
Surgery Complete!
April 14, 2005

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Maybe you should have had excision as well.

Just a thought.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Spleen

This isn't the first time that we've heard about someone who's unhappy w/ the puffy nips after lipo only.  You may want to inquire about glandular excision.

I can't say this enough guys, if you're gonna go for surgery make sure you talk to your doc about lipo *and* glandular excision.  IMO it's best to work with a doc who's prepared to do one or both given what he finds when you're on the table.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Agreed!

John....

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
what kind of makes me mad is that i told the doc that i needed something done about my nipples, and he said that he thought with my case, he could flatten everything out with just lipo. he said it gave better, more even results, with less scarring.

Im happy that i have no boobs, and the scars are quite small, but he was wrong about the nipples. I do recall him saying that he will do touch up surgery at no cost, only fees are the hospital/anesthetic. Would that be considered a touch up? or am i screwed...

i went lipo, even though we had to pay, cause he said it would be better in the end. damn. kinda p*ssed off that things didnt go as planned.

EXPENSIVE lesson learned: don't do lipo.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
EXPENSIVE lesson learned: don't do lipo.

The lesson is to have both lipo and glandular excision.  

He said he'd do lipo again at no extra charge, but will he excise the gland tissue at no extra charge.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I would tell him to find a way to eat the hospital fees since HE was wrong. It isn't your fault you need a touch up, it is HIS. So, I'd take the touch up offer and negotiate for him to waive the fees somehow.

Other than that, I've learned that puffy nips aren't that bad. I had surgery over a year ago... lipo and excisioin... mainly for puffy nips, but also had a little breast fullness due to weight gain. Well, the surgery didn't cure the puffy nips, it improved them, but didn't do away with them, and I am saying hell with it and swimming anyway.

Last weekend was my first time in 5+ years with my shirt off in a public place and, although I was still a little paranoid, it was no big deal. Nobody paid attention and I've come to the point where even if they do, so what. If they don't have anything better to do than look at me feel free.

Puffies aren't that big of a deal and you shouldn't let it hold you back. I saw another kid there with big puffies and nobody paid any attention to him except me (because I'm "in the know"). Also, there was a guy there who was a little overweight, but boy did he have some breasts. Guess what, I think I noticed more than anyone else because I am so sensitive to the subject.

Bottom line. Just increase your mental confidence and say screw it. What's the worst that can happen? You'll get a sunburn like me because you're not used to getting so much sun!  ;D

Offline help_me87

• Silver Member
thx for the advice - keep it coming.

i have seen other people's puffies, and think nothing of it, but because i am fairly slim, i feel as though they stick out like a sore thumb.

I should try going out and seeing if anyone says anything - the "just screw it" attitude- but if they ever did - that'd be a big blow..

still got it - i know what you mean about the sunburn - my chest/back haven't seen sun in years!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024