Author Topic: Surgery Done! I feel like a new man  (Read 2772 times)

Offline rick57

• Posting Member
I stumbled across this site about five weeks ago, as I was feeling sorry for myself when a few nurses saw me with my shirt off as I was being tested for sleep apnea. It was probably one of the most embarrassing times I could remember, I've been able to hide it really well until now. All I did was always wear a tight tank top under my button up shirt, never go  swimming or to the beach. I even avoided fishing because I was the only one out there with two shirts on while everyone else had there's off.

It's funny...you think you are the only one in the entire world that has to deal with this, then I come across this site and I find out there are others who have the same problem and we all deal with it basically the same way. After reading the success stories on the site it gave me the courage to call and schedule the consultation. It made it a lot easier to choose a doctor since I live in Central Florida I noticed one of the doctors is a participating physician on this site, Dr. Pope in Orlando. I cannot say more strongly how wonderful Dr. Pope's staff is and how comfortable they make you feel and how considerate he is of your situation.

It's been about ten days since my surgery and I feel like a new man, I cannot wait to get out of this vest and get back to the gym. It's like I feel reborn, and it is because of this site and Dr. Pope, I thank the people responsible for putting this site up so people like me can find out they are not alone, and Dr. Pope and his wonderful staff for making me feel like a new person.

By the way I'm fifty one years old and I plan on going to the beach and a water park this summer for the first time in my life!

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
When I started reading I thought you were a teenager or young adult, but gladly you still got gyne surgery done at 51. Congrats and you're going to have one fine summer this year. Do you have a family you're going to be going to the water park this summer?
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline rick57

• Posting Member
Thanks Dave, my kids are all grown, they're 26, 27 and 28, nobody knows I had the surgery but my wife. I'm uncomfortable talking about it now, although I hope that will change in the future. Right now I just tell people I hurt my back and the vest is for that, everybody that knows me knows I have had a bad back for years.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
You're lucky to have a wife that is understanding to you about having gyne surgery. Well hope your summer will the greatest and keep us posted on your healing progress.

Offline jjack85

• Posting Member
Must feel so good that even words can't describe it.
Congrats man, hope you heal fast!

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
Congratulation my man, I am 6.5 weeks post op and I can't believe I waited so long.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024