Author Topic: Great Experience 1 day post op Dr. John Nguyen  (Read 2438 times)

Offline mojov3

• Posting Member
This is my first time commenting or posting on this website even though I've been reading everyone Else's insights on their gyno, surgery etc.  I'm like a lot of others, afraid to reveal my chest due to them being oversized. Never going swimming topless, passing up on women, always wearing something to try and cover it up only to look like an idiot.....wearing jackets everyday in the Houston heat....being a great basketball player and would probably be in the N.B.A right now if for not quitting the basketball team in highschool cause of my coach asking me to take my shirt off...(shirts vs. Skins). Yea I could have pleaded with the coach...please coach let me be on the "shirts" team, I'm too ashamed to take my shirt off in front of a bunch of dudes who has their "chests" together....but I didn't....instead, I just walked off.  Afraid to show my chest in my own house.....doctors telling me growing up since the age of 13 that its just baby fat and it'll go away....
That was the past....I'm 25 now, and yesterday I was finally able to afford surgery that insurance would never pay for....after a lot of research I finally got the nerve to set up a consultation with Dr. Thomas Weiner...the only problem with him was that I live in Missouri city, and he's in clear lake....bout an hour away...I read on this site that he's good...cheaper than others at only $2600 including everything...I also read that he's busy, and you have to wait a while on the day of surgery....I got confirmation when the earliest I could get a consultation is 30 days from now.  So I looked for someone in sugarland TX....not too far from me, which is great... and emailed a few doctors from their websites...thinking that maybe an assistant would call me back, the actual surgeon calls me...Dr, John Nguyen....pronounced like "win" broke everything down to me..how much it would cost, why I have it, why I can't get rid of it...etc.. I schedule a consultation, very nice office....beautiful assistants....NO WAIT....he's very patient, takes his time, breaks everything down once again...doesn't pressure me into getting it, but casually let's me know that whenever I'm ready he could book a time @ the surgery center in sugarland...which is true...I went in for my consultation this past Friday and had my surgery Wednesday (yesterday)...his assistant quoted me @ $5500...for gyno surgery, and stomach lipo/luv handles, and back flanks...(fat on your back).  That price included surgical center fees and anesthesia... surgery was scheduled for 9 a.m, they took me in @ 8:30 to get started...I sign consent papers, take my clothes off and put the gown on....theirs also two separated stockings I have to slide up each leg...they keep the blood circulating throughout your body while in surgery...30 mins. Later anesthesiologist comes in to set up his thing then Dr. John Nguyen comes in the check on me and to draw his markings on where to cut...everyone at the center was great by the way....soon after that I get rolled into the operating room...I look to the left and see a guy with a bunch of sharp tools....but who cares right? Ill be sleep...I don't remember anything after that...all I remember is waking up freezing with binders across my chest and stomach, and in a little pain....I start saying it hurts while I'm shivering, and the nurse immediately gives me morphine, and Demerol...which quickly relieved the pain..all the staff checks on me in the post op room and makes sure I'm OK before rolling me out on the wheelchair...down the elevator, in the parking lot where my wife is waiting...asking a gentleman to move his car so my wife could pull up closer......everything was great...oh yea, the best part....my body looks great so far.... NO SCARS!!!! Let me scream louder that I have NO SCARS! Of course since its only been one day there's a little swelling....and I'm not going to lie...it hurts trying to get up and down...whether its a bed, a chair, etc...its the end of the first day after the day of surgery, and the pain is easing up a lil bit...but I'm still on meds....I get up to walk every now and then...that helps a lot so my body won't get stiff....I could not have asked for more, especially at that price...Dr. john Nguyen folks...he's worth flying from out of town for....I have pre op pictures via email....mojov3@gmail.com....and I have post op photos also...ill post them as soon as I find out how. I can't wait till I heal, ill find reasons to take my shirt off....thank u God!

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Gratz dude, looking forward to those pics. I used to live in houston for a bit so I know how tough it is living with gyne down there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024