Author Topic: Tomorrow is my one and only chance to plead my case. Help!  (Read 1701 times)

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow regarding my gynecomastia, and this is my one and only chance to plead my case and persuade him to refer me to a plastic surgeon. I need to convince him how much pain this is causing me, so I need to get my arguments straight. I'm going to tell him how much physical pain as well as emotional pain this is causing me. Physically, I can't sleep on my stomach at night, I cant lean over desks, and I have to be constantly shielding my chest from any kind of blow no matter how slight. Emotionally, I cannot take my shirt off or leave the house without my compression shirt. I can't stand to look at myself when I take a shower. Hopefully this doctor will be sympathetic and wont tell me to "live with it" and send me on my way. The way my insurance works, I need to first see a doctor and then he has to refer me to a PS.

Offline JamesVH

• Posting Member
If you're looking for insurance to cover it, you may as well skip all of the emotional things. My insurance said that they would not perform the surgery for any emotional reasons, so if you can just explain to him that it's causing you pain and that's the only reason I think it would be a safer bet. Your physical arguments seem to be on the right track. Good luck!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
According to your post, You would have seen the Doctor today, Could we have an update?
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
According to your post, You would have seen the Doctor today, Could we have an update?

I second that motion!

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024