Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Bermant on 8/11/09. (Pre-op and Post-op pics)  (Read 6724 times)

Offline usn120

• Posting Member
Hey all.

I have been a lurker on this site for a couple years now and have PMed a few people.... and now, I am here to tell my story!

I am actually sitting in the hotel room in VA with my chest marked up for my surgery tomorrow morning.  Had pre-op appt today and went over all the final details with Bermant and Jane (the office manager) and took pictures both with and without markings for his use in the surgery.

I will give a thorough recap of my experience from beginning to end, like others have, in a day or so and post pictures once I get them (I took some pics on my own that I will also post).  Just to post some of my stats: I'm 21, 5'10, 145 really skinny (one of the skinnier people here I believe, lol).  I really don't have much fat around the nipple/areola region, but have, my favorite term,"Puffy Nipples."  As thankful as I am for being skinny and not having more fat on my chest, it has been hard to deal with the puffyness of my nipples because I feel they stand out more with having less fat around it. I hate taking off my shirt, wearing just a t-shirt and doing anything that make the protruding more obvious.  

I have been somewhat battling with doing the surgery or not for the past several years (because it is not evident when I am wearing the proper clothes and they are nonexistent when stimulated or cold) but I basically have about a 6 week gap in life, haha, and thought doing the surgery now was the perfect timing and didn't want to pass up the opportunity.  So I met Bermant back in May, scheduled my surgery and am now here in VA excited and only minuscule-ly nervous about tomorrow.  ;)

Seeing posts from real people who have gone through this before have made this whole process so much easier.  Reading a post from someone who has already completed their surgery (both a while back and recently and especially with the same PS!) is very reassuring that everything will be simple and easy.

Thanks to all for sharing their experiences and excited to share mine.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 12:51:16 AM by usn120 »

Offline auron990

Im actually seeing Bermant for a consultation Wednesday. I have a unilateral puffy nipple problem. I cant wait to see how everything goes with you.

Offline trojan213

• Bronze Member
Good luck! Please keep us posted with pics!

Offline usn120

• Posting Member
I'm Alive! :)

Done with surgery and heading to bed.  Some pain started after the local anesthesia, but nothing unbearable (even went to the movies this afternoon).  Getting to bed now and post-op appt with Dr. Bermant tomorrow morning and then heading back home.

Will write the complete story by Thursday and post pics as I get them.

As of now, without seeing anything, definitely happy I went through with the surgery and excited to see my results and for my recovery!

Offline usn120

• Posting Member
Back home... dealing with some soreness but not too bad and definitely happy with my results and everything so far. The comp I am writing on is hard to use because the keyboard  and mouse are a little too high up to be comfortable to reach.  So, I'm going to make this really short.

Will try to post pics tomorrow.

Offline moobydo

• Posting Member
Hang in there!  Good luck with recovery and please do let everyone know how it goes.

Offline usn120

• Posting Member
Here we go... time to show some pictures.

Going back to VA tomorrow to get the dressings removed by Dr. Bermant.  Tomorrow night at the hotel I should have the time to write the in-depth post about my experience that I want to write.  For now here are some pics (if I figured it out properly)...

Here are pics taken by Bermant pre-op:

Offline usn120

• Posting Member
I was not at full "puffyness" when the pre-op pictures were taken at Bermant's office.  These are somewhat better and are a select few to show some different angles.

These are pics taken at home pre-op:

Offline usn120

• Posting Member

Offline usn120

• Posting Member
**Graphic**

These were taken during surgery.

Bermant surgery pics:

Offline usn120

• Posting Member
And finally these are the 1 day post-op pics.  These are still with the dressing on and with my main concern being the puffy nipples, it's hard to see what the outcome will truly be. But I like the contour of my chest and am excited to take the dressing off on Monday and see my nipples and post the pictures of my complete new chest.

Bermant post-op (1 day):

Offline usn120

• Posting Member

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
wow dude looks great. Congrats on being done w/ the surgery...
Did Dr. Bermant even need to do any lipo for your case? It looks like yours was 100% gland...

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
You got classic puffy nips, pretty similar to mine.  You're going to very pleased with the results, this is Bermant's bread and butter.  Just wear the vest religiously, eat healthy and relax.  It'll be great. 

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
You didn't look to bad pre op but that was a lot gland that was removed expecially from the right breast side.
Looking good though just one question you stated that Dr. Bermant was going to remove the dressings I thought he used dissolvable stitches and
do all patients have to have him remove the dressing ?
Thanks,
Mizuno

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024