Author Topic: My trip to the Florida Keys...no surgery  (Read 3219 times)

Offline IAmNotABody

• Posting Member
Spent four days in the Florida Keys, right on the beach, right smack dab in the lower latitudes where shorts are a must, a cool beverage is nice, and where guys routinely remove their shirts. Immediately upon walking out on the beach, I inventoried who had gyne and who did not. Some guys did to varying degrees; some had perfectly sculpted chests. I evaluated myself to fit in somewhere in the ‘pointy’ echelon.

Nevertheless, I removed my shirt and sat on the beach for awhile. Then I walked around in the water and wended myself out past the shoals so I could swim. After the swim, my chest’s appearance seemed less important, which prompted me to walk along the beach to where more people sat in idyll.

A gaggle of girls played by the water, and I walked past them a little concerned about staring and laughing—after all, I am like any other man in that I want girls’ acceptance and approval. I walked past them thinking to myself, “Well, this is it. This is my true crucible. This is what I have. This is my body. It is not what I call ideal, but it is what I have presently.” I do not know what they thought. I did not hear them laughing anymore than when they were not looking at me, so I do not know. I kept walking and erupted into a sprint right along the water’s edge. Maybe my boobs flopped around? I do not know.

This was a kind of exercise I took upon myself to confront my fear of overt rejection and humiliation. It was liberating. People may have judged me poorly for my body, yet I am learning the inner discipline MUST come first or I will be governed by what others say or do not say, do or do not do. I feel I discovered a strength I did not know existed within me.

Thank you for reading about my experience.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 03:24:52 PM by IAmNotABody »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
That's a cool story. I'm sure many wish they had your bravery.
etc.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Great story and I wouldn't want to diminish your feelings or thoughts on what you did but if I went to a beach, I don't want to think what a group of hot chicks are going to think about my chest (except them wanting to touch it).  You should opt for surgery.  

I know there are some guys on this site who feel that surgery shouldn't be the answer but I feel that surgery shouldn't be for people who feel comfortable in their skin.  It doesn't sound like you do.  I don't think my friends without gyne are looking at other people at a beach and are keeping a running total of who have gyne.  I know if I went to a beach or pool, I'm noticing guys with gyne so I don't feel as if I'm the only one there with gyne.  

It's just my opinion but this is the reason why I'm getting surgery (July 13) and everyday that I cross off on the calendar, I say thank God.  My surgery day is almost here.  I'm not nervous, scared or apprehensive.  Heck, if I could have the surgery tomorrow, I would.  

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
i think it's more so the older folks on this board who have adopted the "i can live with it attitude"... they have no one to impress really, and have already lived so much of their lives with the condition.... so it is much easier for them to continue doing so

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
I think you misinterpreted me graham.

I was talking about the original poster. I believe going to the beach with gyno is just a needless exercise in humiliation.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Good going dude!

I bet you had the best pointy chest on the beach.  It took a lot of balls to do what you did and you should be proud of that.  

Would you agree that the majority of the rejection and humiliation you've experienced in your life was self-imposed?

"Liberating!"  That's an interesting word. It's usually the adjective guys use to describe their feelings after surgery.  

I agree, inner discipline is a must.  If you can be a happy and confident man without surgery, more power to you.  Again, good going dude.

Offline downsbs

• Posting Member
I went on a cruise to the Bahamas for my honeymoon, at the pool around the ship I noticed alot of guys with varying degrees of gyno.  I felt pretty comfortable with my shirt off after that.  I would never have guessed how many guys have this condition.
I got one sweet breast.  Grrrr.

Offline IAmNotABody

• Posting Member
Thank you all for the encouragement! What I did and am doing is what we all can do. I am no different than any of you.  So challenge yourselves to do as I and others have done: Go out and expose yourselves in a public place. Find the imperishable part of you and live once again. What is in our hearts and minds is what we hold dear. Let us not hold shame dear.

I wish you all well.

Offline Vail

• Posting Member
I think you misinterpreted me graham.

I was talking about the original poster. I believe going to the beach with gyno is just a needless exercise in humiliation.

And i believe that not living ones life and excluding one's self from lifes experiences because of something such as gyno is foolish.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 09:38:12 AM by Vail »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My surgery day is almost here.  I'm not nervous, scared or apprehensive.  Heck, if I could have the surgery tomorrow, I would.

You'll be somewhat nervous the day before surgery.... trust me on that one....  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Society will never be satisfied with you no matter what you do - so screw them.

Right on Dude!!!   ;D

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

IAmNotABody....

Thanks for your story. It takes a very brave person to what you did. One of the most difficult things to do in life is to face your fears. However, you will be a much stronger person for it though!  ;)

U - Da - Man   Dude!

John.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 03:13:31 PM by Bambu »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
IAmNotABody - your name says it all.  Couldn't agree more.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024