Author Topic: How long before sun exposure (scars)?  (Read 3325 times)

Offline rcbrown23

I've looked around the net, but haven't found any good info. I'm wondering how long before I can go out and get burnt without having to cover or put sunscreen on the scars.

Opinions are welcome, but if anyone's read anything or found something on the net, that'd be better.

Thanks
                                               -Brown
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 08:51:55 PM by rcbrown23 »

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
u should wait atleast 6 mounths before expose the scars to the sun

Good Luck Henrik ;D
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Spleen

I was in the sun after three weeks with SPF 50 on the nips.  Most docs say 6 months but my scars are already so fine & invisible it's almost like there's nothing to cover anyway.  I'm on vacation begiining friday where I'll be spending 90% of my daylight hours in the sun, so if I come back with two glowing, irradiated crescents under each nip I'll let y'all know.

Offline rcbrown23

I was in the sun after three weeks with SPF 50 on the nips.  Most docs say 6 months but my scars are already so fine & invisible it's almost like there's nothing to cover anyway.  I'm on vacation begiining friday where I'll be spending 90% of my daylight hours in the sun, so if I come back with two glowing, irradiated crescents under each nip I'll let y'all know.

Yeah...let me know how it goes. I saw your pic and I wish my scars were so perfect, but unfortunatley one side is pretty noticeable because it "veers" away from the nip a bit. I'm thinking like 3 months.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

I'm thinking like 3 months.

Yeah, you should be okay at 3 months.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024