Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Jason Leedy(Cleveland)  (Read 2722 times)

Offline easypeezy

O.k, so I just had my surgery today at 11:30, it is now 6:30.  This site and the other member's experience was a great help to me, so I hope my story is help to someone out there.

So I arrived about an hour and a half early for Op-Prep where the nurse put some "inflatable things" around my legs to make sure clottign wasn't a problem during surgery.  She also took my vitals to make sure that I was in good condition to proceed with the procedure.  After a while I met the Anasthesiolgist(Sic) and she was more than pleasent and kept me very very comfortable.  She basically explained what she was going to do, and I requested that if possible, I'd like to recieve the anasthetic that is least mind altering when I wake up.  She explained that in modern medicine, these drugs are desiged to leave the body very quickly so she didn't foresee any complications.

My family was asked to come in and we got to visit for a good half hour-45 minutes before the doctor came in.  Finally Dr. Leedy came in and gave me one last quick run-down of how things were going to work.  As always, Dr. Leedy made me feel very confortable and at ease.

He asked my family to leave and he drew some markings on my chest and then invited the family in for another 10/15 minutes to visit.  The Anasthesiologist also came in at this point and started a drip to relax my nerves and make me feel drowsy.  I remember thinking that the solution felt really cold going in my veins.  But other than that, it wasn't any big deal at all.

Finally, I was wheeled to the Op room and at this point I was pretty drowsy and comfortable.  I was transferred from my bed to the op-table which to me looked like the lethal injection chair!  Haha, so I made quick joke about that, and the next thing I know, I was waking up in the recovory room and the nurse then made sure I was o.k, and gave me something to eat.  I was very tired, but talkative at the same time.

So, yadda yadda yadda, I finally got to go home; I took another nap for what I thought was hours, but my dad said was only five minutes, and here I am, writing this right after dinner.  All in all, this was a rather easy experience.  I guess it's only natural to get nervous, but it wasn't a big deal at all.  Dr. Leedy is a great person, and hope the results look good!  I'll post a pic in a few weeks and hopefully let everyone know how things went!  EASY PEEZY.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024