Author Topic: Consultation with PS...next step?  (Read 2429 times)

Offline mothamercy

• Posting Member
I haved a consultation with a local PS (that im kinda sketched out about) on July 18th....to those of you who've already one, what's it like?  What is the next step after, and how long after does it take usually to schedule a surgery?  Thanks  :)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
Usually takes like 3-4 weeks to schedule a surgery I think.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Your local PS has probably seen hundreds of cases like yours, so I wouldn't worry.... you are just another patient to him. These people are professionals and have seen things 10000x worse than you might think you have.

They usually do a bit of poking and squeezing and tell you what they can do about your problem. And a lot of discussion about "reasonable expectations", and your recovery time, etc. Many of the things they will tell you can be learned right here on this board.

Then if you decide to go ahead with surgery, you will usually have to have some pre-op forms completed by your local doctor (or at any clinic really), and some blood tests done. You can usually schedule a surgery date for 2-3 weeks after the first consult.

Good luck!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
yep.  just like anonymous said.  they'll ask a ton of questions and probably squeeze your nuts.  They're interviewing you as much as you are them.  They want to see if you're a good candidate for surgery.  

My ps said 2 weeks.

Offline mothamercy

• Posting Member
awesome!  thanks for the info/replies guys...i cant wait till july 18th......although the mom says surgery will probly have to wait until next summer.....im gonna try and pressure her into letting me have it this summer  ;)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
although the mom says surgery will probly have to wait until next summer.....im gonna try and pressure her into letting me have it this summer  ;)

Then you'll be fully healed for summer '06!  ;)

John out...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024