Author Topic: Post-oppers whose results took ages to evolve??  (Read 3097 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Just wondering how much more anyone's results have improved between the 3-month mark and say 6 or 9 or 12 months ?

anyone who wasnt really content with how their results were evolving at about 3 months, that experienced a large or significant improvement by the 6 or 9 month mark ?? (without further intervention, other than daily massage)

I am 3 months post-op today and most unsatisfied with my results, (most notably the scar-tissue, conspicuous incisions, hardend areas of the chest, assymetry)

and Ive massaged twice a day every day since week 5 and nothing has improved....

whats the prognosis post-oppers?
Am I almost certainly facing a revision?

would love to hear from all of you guys that are 3+ months post-op***

ps(have no pics available sorry)

ciao

Tony
... and the saga continues

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
after 3-4 months was a big differens to me, the swelling went down to zero, i was very swollen the first three months. the chest was absolutly flat after 4 months and the result hasent change after that and i am now 18 months post op.
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Tony....

So sorry to hear that you are not happy with your results. That sux Dude!  :-/

I was pretty much healed up by day 12. I did however develope some hard scrar tissue. That though, dissolved by week 12. I am 4 months and 4 days post-op now. I highly doubt that there will be any more changes.

John.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 06:23:33 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
i'd say it was 6 months before hard tissue all gone

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Just don't get upset about the hard tissue if you're only three months postop.  It can take several months longer than that to fully dissolve.  The hard tissue is called induration, and it's favorable healing tissue.  My PS explained in detail exactly what it was but just calling it 'healing tissue' will suffice.

I'm almost a month post-op and most of my chest is still hard underneath the skin.  This does cause some contouring issues, but I'm hopeful that after the hard tissue goes away that my chest will flatten out a bit more.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
thanks for all the replies guys.

I havent seen any change from 6 weeks to 12 weeks post-op, and really cant see myself managing to avoid needing a revision..(mainly due to noticeable assymetry), but will still be requesting further flatness overall. whether that will be more lipo or more excision or both I really have no idea at this stage, but I guess I cant do much about it till my next appointment in october.

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction.
give it 6-12 months, things tend to change dramatically in this period. healing can be funny. I recently had bilateral flap formation. the right side healed very well in about 2 weeks, the left is swollen with recurrent fluid build up. this is causing scar healing delay and asymmetry. I have been reassured that things will settle but may take months to do so.

you might be thinking...."I did this to go naked on the beach, but I still cant"      
you will.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 10:01:16 AM by allbah »
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction.
give it 6-12 months, things tend to change dramatically in this period. healing can be funny. I recently had bilateral flap formation. the right side healed very well in about 2 weeks, the left is swollen with recurrent fluid build up. this is causing scar healing delay and asymmetry. I have been reassured that things will settle but may take months to do so.

you might be thinking...."I did this to go naked on the beach, but I still cant"      
you will.

I know what your'e saying man, but once you have no more swelling or bruising and youre back to full activities, its hard to imagine that any further change is gonna happen or how it could possibly occur. still... what I need revised is not gonna be fixed by further healing. Its a distinct assymetry which was there even 3 days post-op, and wont resolve without a revision.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024