Author Topic: Gyno & Drugs - What Works?  (Read 3525 times)

Offline ukman

• Posting Member
There is a lot of talk on here about drugs and what does and doesn't work.

Can we perhaps here from people who Drugs have worked for them?

I have a small gland which I now know that everyone has and it is just enlarged by gyno, no fat just the gland or lump, it hurts if you squeeze it but again this is not unheard of.

Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) - What doses have you tried and did it work?

Rebound XT - Again what worked for you?

Zinc - What type of Zinc, how many Mgs?

www.yohimburn.com - What about this stuff?

There is so much conflicting information about Gyno on the net, I have been reading for past few days and it just gets more and more confusing.

My lump came around 5 years ago initally, shrank a lot 2 years ago and came back same a year or so.

I can't get on surgery unless I pay, and don't really want to risk bad scarring as I have small nipples and they have to cut along side as well  :-[

Any input from people who have had success with drugs would be great. Thanks

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
UKman,

My advice would be to go back to your GP and get your hormones checked.  Better still get a referral to an Endocrinologist.  Free on the NHS of course.  Do not self medicate with any drugs .. it could complicate and delay any investigations.  As you will know Gyne is caused by an imbalance in Testosterone to Oestrogen resulting in the growth of the breast gland.  Now the imbalance that caused your Gyne has probably settled.  If you are thinking of getting rid of your Gyne without surgery then I would say take advice from a decent Endocrinologist.  He or she will look at the results of your hormone tests and know if any drugs can help.  I say again .. do not self medicate .. talk to an Endo before considering any drugs.  Your GP will probably not have the experience or knowledge of treating Gyne with drugs.

I speak from experience .. my GP in his ignorance prescribed Tamoxifen and frankly it put me back 9 months.  When I saw an Endo he took me off it for 3 months before he would even run blood tests because the Tamoxifen had distorted my natural hormone levels.

Good luck mate .. and keep us posted eh?
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline ukman

• Posting Member
Hi thanks for reply, unfortunatly mine was caused by stupidly taking anabolic steroids when I was in my early 20's (about 10 years ago), so it doesn't change just stays the same now as I would never touch them again

Offline Vail

• Posting Member
UK-

Did you use proper PCT?  And have nolva on hand during cycle?  

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I agree with the guy who said do not self medicate. Go get your hormones checked, preferably by and endocrinologist who has an interest in reproductive endorinology.

I don't think anyone on these boards has the medical license to tell you what you should be taking.

Offline gynomakesmesad

• Bronze Member
I used Nolvadex for 2 months - the second month with a high (40mg/day) dosage - with very little progress. If it was gunna help at all i would have had to keep it up for way longer than i could afford. Personally I would stay away.

Also, it threw me way out of whack for quite a while, maybe 2 or 3 months. I'd go through periods of neck pain around my adams apple, like swelling, and tiredness, depression (though this was at least partly unrelated I think).

Personally I would stay away, unless you are using it after surgery in small doses or something.

Offline tikka

I'm also curious. I am going to an endo next week and considering asking to try tamoxifen. Can some people with experience weigh in here? Did it work? Did you have side effects? I have a mild to medium case with mostly gland (rather low body fat).

I am staying away from rebound XT. Every poster who tried it seems to have fallen off the board. Not encouraging results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024