Author Topic: are pre-op pics necessary bfore surgery  (Read 2082 times)

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
hi guys,
if i plan to go for a surgery then is it necessary tht i will have to give the doctor my pre-op photographs......can i say no to him if he asks for my snaps......or is it an absolute must.....if he takes my snap then how do i make sure tht he hasnt taken the photograph of my face along with my chest
a man walkin with gyno is a man walkin with a heart of steel

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
tell him not to include your face.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
tell him not to include your face.

ya tht i wud but how do i make sure tht he hasnt included myy face.....can i ask for the  reels or his digicam whichhehas used......coz if he is a cheat then he can use my face for marketin perpose.....can i  take him to court if he includes my face purposely or accidentally(tht can hardly b the case though).

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I wouldn't worry about it. And also, think: if he uses you face in the photos, it most likley means that he did a damned good job. I doubt he would use your face anyway.

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
I wouldn't worry about it. And also, think: if he uses you face in the photos, it most likley means that he did a damned good job. I doubt he would use your face anyway.

ok i understand tht, wht i am askin is tht if he uses my face then can i take him to court or am i rendered helpless....has nyone here addressed such a situation on this board or every1 has taken it for grante tht the doctors cnt use our face in the pic on our request

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
You could probably take him to court on that. It seems like some kind of hipocratic (check spelling) oath violation or something.

DrBermant

ya tht i wud but how do i make sure tht he hasnt included myy face.....can i ask for the  reels or his digicam whichhehas used......coz if he is a cheat then he can use my face for marketin perpose.....can i  take him to court if he includes my face purposely or accidentally(tht can hardly b the case though).

If a patient tells me that I do not have permission to take photographs, then I am unable to offer them surgery.  Before surgery pictures are essential for documentation and as a guide to compensate for the distortions of tumescent fluid during surgery.  For my gynecomastia patients concerned about their face, I have them write on the consent form that I do not have permission to show their face or photograph their face.  Actually if you have such concerns, why are you trusting a doctor sculpting your body?

Actually it is my policy to not include the face for my gynecomastia patients and it really hit me the other day on what a restriction I have done over the years.  One of the recent teenagers I operated on had a tired strained look on his face throughout our talks before surgery.  After the surgery, there always was a big smile.  It was so nice seeing that smile on his face looking at his new chest.  A picture of that expression or a movie showing his face as he talked about himself could have meant so much, but no, I did not include the face.  The patient and family did not put such a restriction on me, it was just how I have done it.  His parents have told me he is a new person, the smiles just look so good on his face, you can just about hear the smiles as he talks about himself now.

You will note that none of the many gynecomastia patients on my site has their face showing.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 04:29:47 AM by DrBermant »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Actually if you have such concerns, why are you trusting a doctor sculpting your body?

:P  Good point Doc!

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
rahulkumar....

Like Dr. Bermant has suggested, get the PS to put a clause on your consent form that he/she may not include your face in any pics they may take. Get the PS to sign that specific clause. Make sure you get a photo copy of that document. If you see your face in any marketing pics, you have some documentation to use in a court of law if you so choose.

John out....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024