Author Topic: How long do I wear the vest?  (Read 3371 times)

Offline lithium

• Posting Member
Hi guys, had surgery 4 days ago. How long did your surgeon tell you to wear your vest? Mine didn't direct me as to how long I should be wearing it.

Thanks

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I wore mine for a week, but many here will tell you to wear it longer.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
My surgeon said 3 weeks 24/7, 3 weeks just at night.

I really don't understand how surgeons don't tell their patients how long to wear the vest. How on earth can you tell someone "wear this vest" without saying for how long?
etc.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I really don't understand how surgeons don't tell their patients how long to wear the vest. How on earth can you tell someone "wear this vest" without saying for how long?

Ah, yeah, DUH!

Lithium.... call your surgeon and ask him/her how long you have to wear it. IMHO tho.... one to two weeks should do the trick.

John out...

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline lithium

• Posting Member
Honestly, he might've told me right after I woke up, but I was so dopey I wouldn't have remembered. I'll get pics up ASAP.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 10:21:34 AM by lithium »

DrBermant

Hi guys, had surgery 4 days ago. How long did your surgeon tell you to wear your vest? Mine didn't direct me as to how long I should be wearing it.

Thanks

How long you wear your vest / compression garment depends on many factors, each surgeon has his / her own techniques.  I prefer to individualize the after surgery care for each of my patients depending on the type of surgery / sculpture I perform.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline lithium

• Posting Member
I just saw him again today. He said I have to wear it for 3 more weeks, for a total of 4 weeks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024